Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mtnrunner

Hi all. Just darting in with a few projects. The first was supposed to be a wedding present for my neighbor but it looked so perfect on my shiplap wall that I kept it and she got dishes instead. Lol.
        The second is a folk art painting I did on an old cabinet door we found in the barn here.
        The others are a ukulele kit I got for Christmas and I decided to paint cows on it. O call it the MOO-ukulele. Hahaha.
        Our house is under contract and Lord Willing it all goes through and we will move back to NH.

Always appreciate C&C....
        120 paintings blog
        my website
        my blog

Hi Deb, such fun to see cows. I just love cows and you gave them life and personality. Many thanks for sharing with us.

Hope your move goes smoothly and you arrive safely in the northeast.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

aspenman

As usual – AWESOME WORK! Hope your move goes well!
            Miss your paintings – wish you would not stay away for such long periods!

I’m trying to talk my wife into moving back to AZ or NM – not even getting to 1st base – keep striking out! FL just ain’t my cup of tea :>((

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
            http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

mtnrunner

Hi Deb, such fun to see cows. I just love cows and you gave them life and personality. Many thanks for sharing with us.

Hope your move goes smoothly and you arrive safely in the northeast.

Thanks my friend. We are looking forward to being there but not having to actually move. Ya know?

120 paintings blog
                my website
                my blog

mtnrunner

As usual – AWESOME WORK! Hope your move goes well!
                    Miss your paintings – wish you would not stay away for such long periods!

I’m trying to talk my wife into moving back to AZ or NM – not even getting to 1st base – keep striking out! FL just ain’t my cup of tea :>((

Hey Richard! Maybe you just buy a small cabin as a second home- rent it out when you are not there! I hear ya though- Florida would not be my cup of tea either!

120 paintings blog
                    my website
                    my blog

Deb, it’s so great to see your work again. I just love your expert touch with your paintings. The first portrait is absolutely stunning and makes me smile. I love that you kept it and gave your neighbor dishes instead. :lol: I love the folk art style of the second one. The Moo-ukulele is brilliant! I just adore this! Fantastic paintings!

So…we’ve got to know. Do you play the Moo-ukulele? :D

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Jon

You paint a Holstein very well.
                        I hope your friend is enjoying the dishes. :)

Bevahlee

wow. Love the “presence” of your cows. I can almost feel their breath but also great designing.

CaliAnn

These are just so awesome, brimming with life and character. I wouldn’t have given away that first one either!

Such fantastic cows!!! You were smart to keep the excellent first cow for yourself.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

oldey

They are all delightful! I wouldn’t give any away either:)

mtnrunner

[B]Deb[/B], it’s so great to see your work again. I just love your expert touch with your paintings. The first portrait is absolutely stunning and makes me smile. I love that you kept it and gave your neighbor dishes instead. :lol: I love the folk art style of the second one. The Moo-ukulele is brilliant! I just adore this! Fantastic paintings!

So…we’ve got to know. Do you play the Moo-ukulele? :D

Ha!I am learning fiddle and banjo-so thought it would be fun to add the ukulele… Ill try it out once we get the strings on it.
                                        And thanks everyone!

120 paintings blog
                                        my website
                                        my blog

Lucky me…haven’t been on WC for years and first time get lucky seeing a Deb painting to dazzle the eye. All great but really like the quirky folk art work on the door. Why not move back to the SW and take up some of the excess sunshine we have? Still have a great painting of yours hanging in my house in a place of honor.
                                        Max

sportpony

Great cows! Cows are difficult to render realistically, just as horses are and although I grew up on a cattle ranch, haven’t had any for years, thus no artist’s models!

While riding my recumbent trike, I once stopped to look at a field of cows. They had evidently never seen a recumbent trike; so, they ran over to the fence to stare at me with those intelligent eyes. Your cows are “Deja Vu” and wonderful. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.