Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……January 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE January 2019…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        [/COLOR]:wave:

For a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

First one of 2019

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
            Bob Dylan.

TWAdair Art

That was fast! I haven’t started one for this year yet!

AnnieA

Hey, Michael, I love all the wonderful patterns – wall paper, tablecloth, rug – in your piece!

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                    [FONT=Palatino]
                    “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Michaelshane

Hey, Michael, I love all the wonderful patterns – wall paper, tablecloth, rug – in your piece!

Thank you.I want to do more like that.

Bob Dylan.

AnnieA

Doing a few necessary touch ups on this one from last summer

Katie (Unfinished), 18×24

The problem with painting from a live model is that eventually he/she leaves and it limits how much further you can take a painting. I was going to blend the edges of some of the spots of color/value, but decided not to because without the model to look at it’s really shooting in the dark – this is why her skin looks a bit splotchy. So it’s far from perfect but still, I think I’ve done pretty well here considering that this is probably my sixth figure painting ever. But my camera doesn’t take very good photos either. Do you think this is good enough to post elsewhere on the web?

[FONT=Palatino]
                            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

mtpalms

Annie, if this is from last summer, at this point I think you could try making some modifications and corrections? Trust your instincts and what you have learned in figure drawing class. If it doesn’t work, you can always wipe it off. I am seeing something ‘off’ with her lower back, like maybe it needs a bit more of a curve? And her bottom needs a bit more rounding perhaps? Overall, it is a very fine study. She has a very piercing gaze.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

AnnieA

[B]Annie,[/B] if this is from last summer, at this point I think you could try making some modifications and corrections? Trust your instincts and what you have learned in figure drawing class. If it doesn’t work, you can always wipe it off. I am seeing something ‘off’ with her lower back, like maybe it needs a bit more of a curve? And her bottom needs a bit more rounding perhaps? Overall, it is a very fine study. She has a very piercing gaze.

Oh, I did make quite a few corrections, including improving the something “off” with her back, although not solving it completely. The problem there was that the instructor made some corrections but based on the view he had, while I had a slightly different view and she may have moved somewhat between sittings too. It was a very difficult pose to paint to begin with because she was twisted very acutely with her upper body facing one direction and her lower body another. If it were a more normal pose I probably could take it further but at this point, without seeing her, I don’t think I can hit it any better. She was very skinny which may be what you see at her bottom, another area which I just recently improved from how it had been. And she remarked herself that I had nailed her expression which can indeed be pretty piercing (it may be something to do with the intense lighting while she’s modeling) – I was pretty thrilled to hear that! This was a 5-week pose during summer session (I could have used 10 weeks, which apparently is how long the class is during most of the school year), but I’m improving! Despite some frustrations with the length of the class, I learned a lot. Thanks for the feedback, Marcia!

[FONT=Palatino]

Hmm. Am I missing something? I tried to upload an image but all my jpeg files were greyed out on the upload page and I couldn’t select one.

asdo

Still working on this one…

C&C Welcome

Instagram > DarkGlobeStudio

pequan

are there any forums/threads having a monthly or weekly project in oil or critiques in oil?? thanks Linda….

"Keep on Keepin on"
                                            Linda/Pequan
                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]any and all critiques are welcomed

pequan

Anne A: I am thinking her “crack” may be to far to the right…round out her right cheek some more, and add a darker line (shadow) under her bottom?…hope this helps…..This really is a gorgeous painting….

"Keep on Keepin on"
                                                Linda/Pequan
                                                [FONT=Book Antiqua]any and all critiques are welcomed

mtpalms

Hmm. Am I missing something? I tried to upload an image but all my jpeg files were greyed out on the upload page and I couldn’t select one.

It’s a bug, not sure if it is on WC’s side or the OS, but if you use a Mac, you need to change the file name ending from .jpg to .jpeg in a finder window, then the uploader window can ‘see’ it, and will let you choose it for posting.

I started having this problem when I upgraded from Mountain Lion (OS X 10.2?) to Mavericks OS X 10.3?), and it has stuck around ever since.

mtpalms

are there any forums/threads having a monthly or weekly project in oil or critiques in oil?? thanks Linda….

Check this page: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There are challenges, and you can post your work for critique, but it is kind of hit and miss.

Michaelshane

Bob Dylan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.