WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Library
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA

Hails from United States
Re: The Goblin Tree

So nowadays its like this
oh Flora Mora
{as your fellow lost creatures
of the wilderness call you }
They say , say they
" more flowers , more flowers
for the flower eater , Flora , yea ! Flora Mora
you are " they chant and tease
but she laughs and wants to hear
of gossip stories and rumor news
{especially from the gypsy faeries
who travel far and wide }
cause long are your years
so is true of your ears

tell me she says
of the trolls
those trolls of the infame tollbridge
tell me , she demands [as she nibbles]
of the mysterious goblin tree
in yonder misty fields
tell me , she whispers , [as she chews]
of the night sky mare and maiden rider

so is all this talk - the fire
for gobbling of flowers galore
planting seeds , as you , Flora , feed upon
throwing them to and fro
for new blooms to grow
looking [allways] and searching for fresher
ground to till
nexts weeks eats ? snack on weed and grass ?
with all those faerie friends in branches
and among bushes and mossy stoneworks
giggle they will as they watch you devour flower
songs they sing
they sing , Oh Flora Mora is here again
with the chewing sound you udder
munching
lunching
everywhere
night and day , day to day
stopping only for socials
gathered at garden gates and fences !

so is that you down there
in swaying of wildflowers I see
and in those brambles
along rushing river waters
maybe its you back in there
making a mess of rose vines
going ? coming ? playing ? snacking ?

I think its best to leave you be
and let you "tend " the flowers
do as you will
with your strange and wonderious ways
{ for you see to it that there is allways
more flowers to enjoy ! }

FIN
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

WILLIES STORY

How the Willy Sillies came to be
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

INTRODUCTION

Since long as it could be remembered, the Willy Sillies have been playing as the house band at the "The Mosaic Dragon " , The Mosaic Dragon is the famed ale house in the very heart of the city known as Nowherebuthere in the lands of Somewheres Else , now some say , The Mosaic Dragon is the very heart and minds eye of Somewheres Else itself . Is it true ? Yeah well , maybe , but it should remain in mystery .
Just how and when the Willy Sillies all started is not often revailed , so in a rarity , my friendly folks , we shell hear the story from Willy himself , who told it to an interviewer for the news scroll published anually and handed out at the city gates . His adventure in how he found the right band mates.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

This is the story of Willy Tindersmoak , a easy going city dweller creature , searching for answers , yet allways the spark for something wonderful [ because his music is quite magical , though he doesn't know it ] .
Since Willy was a youngster , fooling around in the side streets and alley ways of the city called Nowherebuthere in the lands of Somewheres Else , he wanted to be the leader of a cool [ like way cool ] music band . Well first of course he had yet to learn to play an instrument , yes , Willy the daydreamer , but some dreams come true . Anyways , he did learn to play and when he did , Willy became quite the truobadour.
With a very popular song early on , he was on his way. This song which is called " The Goblin Tree " goes something like this....
{ starts with a whisper }
Down in the misty field
wander there , you must yield
for there is a ghostly tree , which we are awear
that host the goblin lear
one hears the snickers they outpour
from down under the trunks core
Well it goes on and on with many other lyrics like that , growing loader and loader in the process til the last part is a outright uproar stomp !
So a troubadour he became , traveling { sometimes with the gypsie elves } all about the lands of Somewheres Else.

Singing songs , reading out poems ,to Elves in grand palaces upon rolling hills , to fearies and the like among wildflower meadows and in the brambles of wide deep forests , even to the trolls of Grumbel Garble .{ for dispite there nasty reputations they grow the finest roots, herbes and spices in all the lands !}
Yet all his thoughts were of the dream to be the leader of a cool [ like way cool ] band , but where , could he find such a thing ?
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

One very dreary chilly day , Willy stepped into The Mosaic Dragon , where all the creatures and peoples of Nowheresbuthere stop in from time to time.He realized than and there that The Mosaic Dragon was the place to host a house band and dang he would do it. With a name swimming about in his head so long now , called The Willy Sillies.
Now on this very nasty weather day which was fast turning into evening , he just happened to be standing next to some visiting creatures from the Big Waters [ the oceans of Somewheres Else ]. They were talking all about this mysterious island , an island of tall grasses , which it was sometimes refered to as , so with no trees there , just long tall strong thick grasses . But it is known as Sevenmazes Isle , for the habitons , live in a series of seven circular mazes, stories handed down tell that it was made out of a fossil of an acient giant water creature but some say [ especially the gypsy faeries ] that it is a crashed flying boat from a star in the night sky that fell when on one was looking, and a strange thing about it is that its a moving floating isle .
So says one to the other "Yea , ya ne'er know when and where that island gonna show up ! Jus som time erago I's out way afar in d waters , when , if dern it hadn't rye't then and theres show'd up be'ford me eye !" [ He is a one eyed creature] . He continued " first a great myst arose ans dem I's bump rye't smack into it ! An acomin ashores .I's met up witha feller ther , an he's a builting a big ole statue made a sand an an he sez , "" this my good fellow , is my lattest"" an I's sez , yous lattest what ? An , an he sez ""why my lattest work of art , you know , you should stop by more often , har , har rye't !"
Than the other one spoke up saying "Ah I know whad a ya mean , I heard all this gossip boat the goins on between em and that queen underwatermaid , an ya know wha shes like , hhee ,hhee don't know fer sure , but maybe som troubled waters aheadin fer em , if Is herd rye't ! har har ! " and they both went into a long coughing harsh laugh .
At this piont , Willy moved away , he had to think about where he could find a map [ if there was any , and not knowing at the time , how need a map is ] of Sevenmazes Isle , for he needed to know where he was going when he found the Isle . He also heard , most importantly from the Big Waters creatures how artisticly zany the Isle is , so surely he'd find his nutty musicans there , if anywhere .
Well he thought and thought and than just as his head was falling to the table , he stopped and sprang up quickly and shouted " Ah, yeah !' Willy remembered the time he was out on a gateway pier entertaining the waterpeople and there on the pathway to the pier ,is this little pub inside a carved out giant log [ local lore has it that it was washed down to the Big Waters from some far off river ] this pub is named Spickets and Willy remembered seeing many maps pinned to the walls for decor [ and target practise too ].
So soon there he was , and with some fast talking and a few charming tunes , Willy got himself a map.

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Now all needed was a sail boat and yes a Dragonbird .
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Now Willy needed a sailboat , "Ah ha!" says he " I know just the person to see " and he then headed down the coastal road to where a wonderfully built tower made of coloured stones , stood tall looking out over the Big Waters . This is the home of BeJewel , singer/dancer extraordiare one of the enchanted elves , she is the keeper of the few dragonbirds [now dragonbirds are a rare sight in all the lands , there are only a very few , for they were made by BeJewels father for his only daughter thats why they are very special to BeJewel , he made them from bits of fine wood , brass ,silver , gold and gemstones .] And so by liveing by the Big Waters , BeJewel sails a beautiful sailboat.
Now Willy is thinking "Well I'm going to make this sound good " as he came up in a huff , for he gotten a ride to the pub on a delivery coach , the driver being a fan of Willy , the driver then had to return to Nowherebuthere .
But all he had to do , was play a very long and fanciful version of "The Goblin Tree" and I say , if you were there , you wouldn't of believed you were , for it was so magical , she danced and danced and they sang many new verses together .

The music was so enchanting that many friendly liveing creatures were entranced that they gathered around partaking in and enjoying the magical music. When the final stomp at the ending chorus of 'The Goblin Tree' came to be everyone laughed and cheered for long afterwards. Now the excitment calmed down and all the creatures disbanded , Willy told BeJewel his whole story and all about his quest to put a cool [a way cool ] house band at the 'Mosaic Dragon' .
Well she just loved that idea and so she did grant him the use of her sailboat , though she had to think about lending out a dragonbird [ they are great at navagating ] she , herself could not go along , because of many commitments.
BeJewel went to the highest part of her tower home and glazed out into the far distant waters and after some thoughts , said these words [ a charm ] to one of the dragonbird perched out on a railing.
OH DRAGONBIRD BE SAFE AND SWIFT
AND FIND THE MYSTERY ISLE SOMEPLACE ADRIFT
TO GIVE THE SEEKER HIS DREAM
GOOD NATURED HE IS , I DEEM
AND WHEN YOU FIND THE MAZE
RETURN TO ME AS ALLWAYS
The dragonbird repeated the verse , but in song and then flew down to the sailboat , where Willy was waiting along with a sailing companion , a neighbor friend of BeJewel .

Last edited by W.J.Lexie : 01-07-2007 at 02:25 AM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Dragonbird flew much distance out upon the big Waters seeking the isle , but not long into the sailing journey the dragonbird brought Willy into the domain of the spirit watermaiden [ knowing she was a key to finding Sevenmazes].
She was hard to see , for the sun was high and brightly shining off the water , yet she is very large though only her head was above the waterline. So there was no missing her , she is of water greens, sea fish glistening as green jewels.

SSSTTOOPPP ! The waves seemed to speak out, and with an echoeing vibrato voice
she then spoke .
"Where in MY waters are these land creatures sailing !? Oh , land creatures should stay upons their airy places , and be grateful for the waters that feed the skies with water drops !'
But Willy with a fair smile , did not speak out right off , first he sung this song;
"oh, lady of Big Waters great
I know of your mighty power
please aid me in my quest fate
and be not so dour
I know of a place , Sevenmazes "..........................
When he sung Sevenmazes , she made a wave which nearly capsized the boat.
"WOOO "! She bellowed with a shake of her webbed hand in a fist . " Those pesty crafters allways disturbing the ways of the waters"...........
"Oh fair maiden of the waters great , please hear me out "! Willy cried out, " There's no mischief in their ways they are a free-spirited group of creatures , inspiration hits them and they need to respond. This is not as bad as it seems , because they just get caught up in there crafts and don't noticed where they're going ".
"Ha" ! She angerly laughed out "I take notice and do not like it , why , not four full shinning moon stones ago { the world of Somewhere's Else is encircled with a broken moon and is illuminated fully once every forty sun turns by the night-mare , that's another story though } Sevenmazes crashed into a grand parade above my very palace under the waters !"
Willy thought maybe she was just a bit envious of their artistic ways , but he said this ; "Yeah that sounds bad on their part for sure ," he had to think , he can be quite the peace maker , he continued "Well if you guide me to where they are now , we can work out some way of communication between the both sides , so you know what their whims may be . Come fair watermaiden , queen of the Big Waters , we will talk to them "!
So that calmed her anger down and she said "Okay , I will tow you within sight of where they are now , buts it's chilled there , for Sevenmazes is now off the coast of the frosted lands ".

Last edited by W.J.Lexie : 02-09-2007 at 09:58 PM.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Dragonbird departed for home to Bejewel ,with many thanks from Willy and his deckmate , who's name is Root , just plain Root that is , also a happy nod from the waterspirit maiden who was really much delighted by the dragonbird which helped set her in a better mood so off again was Willy.
When in a short while , they were near to the isle Willy quickly grabbed his map. "Ah there it is at last ". He exclaimed , while the watermaiden dissappeared beneath the waves of the Big Waters saying " I'll be here , I'll be watching and waiting ".

{ Though Sevenmazes Isle was in the frosted lands , it was still warm there on the isle , which created a slight mist about the isle , giving an air of mystery .}

They then came to dock , Willy told Root to stay with the boat , as they tied up they came upon their first encounter with some inhibitants , suddenly from all about came many fluttering tiny faerie creatures whispering and giggling and pointing at Willy . Willy smiled his bright smile , seeing the comedy in all this , " I wonder , I wonder "he says ,"Hey can you guys point me the way to the directors quarters "? But all they did was to flutter and giggle more , then they formed a funny looking arrow then they disappeared . With the map under his arm and his musical instrument on his back Willy set off for the closest maze inticated on the map and most inertesting he found the maze to be . The grasses were thick and strong , the colours varied and smelled pleasently , the pathway being well maintained .
Then he heard it , a sound of a flute and it reminded him of those tiny faeries back at the shore , for it was such a fluttering music so he started struming along as he walked closer to the musical sounds , then around the next turn in the maze was a sight to behold .
Sitting right in the middle of the path was a winged [ the wings were gently swaying to the music] creature wearing a loose flowing gown of green and orange and a sillie hat of same colours . She looked up and said , inbetween musical notes , "My my and who is it thats playing such wonderful music "?
"Well , my name is Willy Tindersmoak and I think I found one answer"... he trailed of into thought .
" One answer ! What's the question "? she countered still inbetween musical notes.
" That'll have to wait for the moment , actually I'm looking for the director..."
" Willy Tindersmoak ,ay , oh , I like it , yes it sounds like a legend , but me ,well, I'm just little ole Flutterbly yes little ole Flutterbly , thats me . Willy , you just follow me now for we are about to try out our newest project , the ice crystal ampletheater and to the sound of flute and lute they headed off .
Flutterbly continuely told Willy funny story little stories of the happenings around Sevenmazes , including their run-ins with the waterspirit maiden . All without Willy being able to get a single word in anywhich way , as they weaved their way through the maze that they were in .

Last edited by W.J.Lexie : 02-09-2007 at 11:29 PM.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Soon the path widened out and Willy saw some very wildly coloured buildings made in strange constructions , he could see them now over the tops of the tall grasses of the maze . Flutterbly just kept on talking through as they entered the village of Sevenmazes which they call 'High Point '. As they stepped in Willy was very amazed for there was crafting of all sorts going on all around , there was bustling about and laughter with chatter filled High Point's oddly arranged streets.
"Oh," says Flutterbly , "its not allways this frantic , its
just everyones excited , we're restlessly waiting for the word from the director"......
"Yeah" , Willy interupted , "Thats who I want to talk to there's a very inportant issue concerning the waterspirit maiden "......... he trailed off because at that moment the director emerged out from the top most building of High Point.
Now the director who is known as 'D' is quite old and a bit forgetful at times , just a bit but he is a delight and yet he is steadfast about his directing.
I say this because he seemed somewhat lost in thought , paceing to and fro on the stairway landing. So Willy desided he'd go over there and introduce himself but just then a drumbeat started up . BOOM - A -BOOM it went BOOM - A BOOM it was from down under High Point and then everyone got quite .
In time to the beat 'D' spoke up saying , "Hear ye , hear ye ! It is now fully ready ! The ice crystal ampletheater is ready , with a performance by Sevenmazes very own 'Band of Fools' and not only that , but a very special guest" pointing out Willy , "yes you Willy Tindersmoak "!
Remember those tiny faeries at the dock , they just love spreading news about , very gossipy , those faerie's are and they can get about in a wink of the ole eye , yes they can . So at that moment everyones eye in the village were now on Willy and he with a shocked expression on his face said "Well 'D' I'm very honored I surely will be at my best"!
And so 'D' side by side with Willy and Flutterbly and slinking behind them was Slinkee, fiddler in the 'Band of Fools and following behind her was the rest of the village heading down to the shore where a arched bridge craved from ice connected the isle to the frosted lands .
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

THE ICE CRYSTAL AMPLETHEATER
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Well now, you know that drumbeat which is actually the drum circle lead by Boing Bongo drummer most reknown , gave Willy a great idea. He talked to 'D' about it along the way to the ampletheater and right there and then a resolve of the communication issue was made.
This was the plan; they would devise a sound code with the drumbeats and it would come out from several sound holes at the bottom of the isle , sending messages to the waterspirit maiden and she would respond with a shell horn, a very large one at that . The shell horn would be finely crafted by crafters of Sevenmazes and given as a tolken gift at the end of the ice crystal show . An invitation was quickly sent out by Root to the waterspirit maiden the queen of the Big Waters , who was swimming just outside the view of the isle waiting for Willy's return ,an invitation to join in the festivities of the show.
And so here is where this tale of adventure ends , for indeed the show went on , in what shell we say , in a way cool way , through all that starry night.

FINISH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE

Now that is how Willy met his 'Band of Fools' which became 'The Willy Sillies' a way cool band ! Yet 'D' didn't want to lose the Band of Fools completely which he was very fond of , so the deal was that they must return every now and then for a special show at the ice crystal ampletheater .

THE WILLY SILLIES ARE;

WILLY TINDERSMOAK - singer , lute player , poetic words
FLUTTERBLY - flute , funny little stories
SLINKEE - fiddle , hurdy gurdy , funny noises
BOING BONGO - drums of all kinds in allways

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

A chill wind had blown in while Will had been telling his story and now a storm was on the way , so the group of five let the old tree to it's own stories, and headed for the park cafe , for some homemade hot chocolate. On their way Will said ," Yeah , that's what I'm going to do ." So Jimmy said , "Well , you better start practicing your guitar lesson's then ." And Will said , " I, will , I will , that's why they call me Will ." And they all laughed .
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

ELLEN'S TALE
" How the moon got broken"
{and the night-mare's mission}
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

The Night-Mare
There is a nightmare up above in the skies so wide , oh not 'that' kind of nightmare . The one you would think of when I say nightmare, not 'those' sleep dreams that cause tears and scares. No this is a noble and graceful night-mare , more I say , a mare in and of the wonderious night sky.
While in the sun filled day ,night mare can-not be seen but is still there and she is always very busy above , herding the giaint space stones , keeping them from falling down onto the lands of Somewhere's Else. She herself is of stardust put together in form of a mare horse by the love of the star sun spirit.
Star maiden-child is sometimes seen with night-mare as a rider , though star child comes as a guidance at times of great need and she is also of stardust , but her creation is a very long tale unto itself.
The star sun { which means light of itself } always shines though we cannot always see and feel it while moon light seems of dreamy enchantment, in the darkness. Of the moonlight ,it is as a reflection of the sun of the day past giving the lands a pale difference , yet a beautiful night time glow. All during that time star sun is out of sight off chaseing after the next day , for father time is much faster then star sun.