WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Library
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA

Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Illustration of 'the book' "OF ALL THINGS concerning the goblin tree " on the shelf............ close up version 1

.................................................. ..
' the book' on shelf . pen drawing on drawing paper 12 in by 12 in

.................................................. ..
close up of ' Of all Things' book on shelf pen drawing enhanced with photo shop of tricks .
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

The elders, though it pained them so , questioned Oudy harshly through out the very long day and in the evening they went up into the great council chambers and worked out some magic of their own and weighed out the judgment and punishment.
the magic the elders made was done to keep all the goblins together as a group so that none could ever stray far from the others and be bounded to their tree and cannot stray far from that either. But the goblins eventually loopholed that by tunneling deep into the ground , though they found they couldn't surface anywhere else.
The punishment on young Oudy , was he now had to maintane all the mischief the goblins do , correcting the touble they cause , until he earns his wisdom and learns a way to resolve the whole mess.
Ages later , it came to pass , for Oudustee mastered his learning , becameing at last a wizard , befriending and helping many in his earned relm in the lands of somewheres else . Most noteable was befriending the king of the louds of clouds. Working out a problem among the trolls of Grumbel Garble , enjoying the company of faeries and elves , prefroming simple magic tricks at the mosaic dragon . His magicans name Oudustee , he out grew when he became a wizard and his name was then Oddis Sea.................

to be contiuned.............

Last edited by W.J.Lexie : 03-14-2007 at 01:43 AM.
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

#109   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

So now we come to these days when the time came for his greatest challenge , to resolve his youthful mistake because it was very upsetting when the goblins pulled their worst stunt to date . It was with the breaking up of the moon in which Oddis Sea sent a vision out to night-mare for aid in correcting most disasterious mischief of all their time. He had to turnaround a very nasty deed , though hard work it would be.
The goblins had after that event and with the singhing of their tree by the sun had gone deep into the ground , hiding and keeping low for awhile. Yet they still were causeing mischief by creating unwanted steams and mist to sprout out of the ground. When Oddis Sea checked into this and found the goblin tree empty he brought out his most highly important wizards notebook titled " Of All Things concerning the goblin tree" , dipped his finely crafted drafting pen made by the great crafters of Seven mazes isle , into his mystical ink and drew the tree into the notebook , actually drawing it into the book . Every line he drew onto the page , it erased that line from the world .
Not so long that he was done that the goblins appeared out from the ground beneath his feet and then began running circles about Oddis Sea's blue mantal cloak .
" WHERES THE GOBLIN TREE , WHERES THE GOBLIN TREE " they ranted and raved as they ran around and around , Oddis Sea opened the book waved his hand above it with an enchantment , the goblins went faster and faster into a blurring speed shrinking smaller and smaller and with a final flash went into the goblin tree in the wizards notebook and he shut it tight and lockd the latch.
FINISH

EPLOGUE ;
Somewhere in a wizards tower high in the clouds in a finely guilded cabinet among many , many bric a brac there is a book ; a curious book .
  #110   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Wow , its been almost a whole year now since I started this experiment and it really has helped me [ along with all the encouragement ] into getting back to storytelling , and now doing some illustrating along with it as well [ those were my strongest points in both elementary and high school years and well known for it]. Man it was hard though [stage fright] reading storys in front of class rooms. It has help me see new things along the way for my story on hold that I will seek to get published . When I started this thread I had no idea were it would go [ I had just a few ideas and fragments ] but I'm real happy about it , So THANKS EVERYONE !
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast
Guelph Ontario

Hails from Canada

Wow absolutly stunning, this is so amazing . You have a lot of great talent glad that you have shared with us.
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

thanks much, tassers, Computer problems will be away for a bit !
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

I might be able to make A book [ one book at least] of this though iphoto , I hope to also use this as a portfolio effert at a convention .
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

AH yes I'm back online , will be able to rap this project up now and move on to other exciting 'stuff' !
  #115   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbill
ART TRAGEDY [ HOPEFULLY NOT]
I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THIS OFF , TILL I GOT WORD, BUT I HAVEN'T YET.
ANYWAY , THE WINTER SNOW STORM WE HAD HERE ON THE 14TH WAS NOT ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL ONES BUT AN UGLY ONE , A WINTERLY MIX AS THEY CALL IT [ YOU MAY HAVE HEARD IT ON NATIONAL NEWS ABOUT ALL THE STRANDED MOTORIST ON THE INTERSTATES WHICH THERE STILL IS ISSUES GOING ON HEARINGS ETC.] IT WAS BITTERLY COLD WITH WIND AS IT SNOWED THEN A SLIGHT WARM UP TO MAKE SLEET/ICE RAIN THEN BACK TO SNOW , MAKING SNOW VERY HEAVY , BAD THINGS HAPPEN LIKE ROOFS GIVING , WELL A BRANCH LIBRARY HAD THAT HAPPEN TO IT [ IT HAPPENED WHEN NO ONE WAS THERE], THAT BRANCH LIBRARY IS THE ONE WHERE I [HAD?] TWO OF MY ARTWORKS , IN THE PART THAT COLAPSED , GUESS WHAT ? THE VERY SAME PIECE THAT THIS STORY IS BASED ON - SOMEWHERES ELSE - THE FIRST POST IN THREAD-http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...hlight=dancers
AKA MOSAIC DRAGON .
I MAY HAVE BEEN LUCKY AND HAVE NO DAMAGE , IT WAS HARD TO REACH THE DIRECTOR , I DID GET A MESSAGE TO HIM THROUGH THE LIBRARY SYSTEM AND SENT AN E-MAIL. RESEIVED E-MAIL BACK[LAST TUESDAY] THAT HE WOULD GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THE ARTWORK LATTER IN WEEK , BUT HAVEN'T SO FAR SO IM WAITING . HAVE BEEN BY THE BUILDING , ITS HARD TO TELL IF WORK SURVIVED I DID NOT INSURE IT AND I DON'T KNOW IF THEIR INSURANCE COVERS IT.
THIS AN EXAMPLE OF THE ODD THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO ME , A SIDE NOTE ALSO ,A AMPLETHREATER ALSO COLAPLSED , ISN'T IT WERID BUT ITS JUST ANOTHER ODD THING WITH ME PREMONITIONS PRECOGNITIONS [ I WAS SHOCKED HEARING IN PANS LABRINTH ABOUT SEVEN CIRCLAR MAZES]
ANYWAY I HAVE ALL THE STUDIES AND SKETCHES PLUS FILM PHOTOS DIGI PHOTOS SLIDES AND WET CANVAS THREAD , IF IT IS DISTROYED I WILL DO A NEW VERSION AS BIG AS- ' GATEWAY TO FAERIETALE LAND' .
GOOD NEWS UPDATE , turned out my work was not damaged , and they still want to hang on to those pieces ,[ they are placed in the childerns wing which was not damaged] yet they are unaware of all that as come from that piece [ the goblin tree story ] So now I'll have to let them know how all this came about , if I ever get this printed up[placed right there on the library shelf] it'll make a good local news story .
  #116   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States
Smile Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

And so.... This concludes my illustrated story experiment , I hope it was enjoyed as was by me [which surely it seems]

special thanks go out to
WET CANVAS
AXL
BD
and to those that replied with their own little stories and encouragements !
  #117   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
midwest

Hails from United States

I have a tree just like that outside my front room window, minus the little door. I like secret places! When I was a kid, we lived in a huge farmhouse that had a big crawl space under it. that was my favorite place to hide and watch the world outside and daydream. My Mama said not to go under there because that was the cats litter box. I guess that was that funny smell, but I didn't mind because I was only six years old. lol!