WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Library
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 AM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

So , says one to the other," yea , ya never know when and where that Isle gonna show up ! Jus som time ago I's out way afar in the waters , when , if darn , it hadn't rye 't than and theres show'd up befor'd me eye ! " [ he is a one eye'd creature ] He continued , " First a great mist arose an thens I's bump rye't into it ! An acomin ashore , I's met up with a fellar there , an hes there abuildin a great big ole statue made of sand an he sez ,'' " This my good fellow , is my lattest"" an I sez "" yous lattest what ? "" an , an , he sez , "" my lattest work , you know you should stop by more often . Ha Ha yea rye't !"
Than the other one spoke up saying "Ah , I know whada ya mean , I herd all this gossip bout the goins on between them an the queen watermaid , an ya wha shes like , he he , don't know , but maybe som troubled waters ahead for them , if I's herd rye't ! har har ". And they both went into a long laugh.
At that point , Willy moved away , He had to think about where he could find a map [ if there was any ] of Sevenmazes Isle , for he needed to know where he was going when he found the Isle . He heard also from the Big Waters creatures , how artisticly crazy the Isle was ,so surely he'd find his nutty musicians there , if anywhere .
Well , he thought and thought , and than , just as his head was falling to the table , he stopped and stood up quickly and shouted ," Ah yeah ! " He remembered the time he was out on a gateway pier entertaining the water people and there on the pathway to the pier was this little pub inside a carved out giant log [ the local lore has it that was washed down to the big waters from some far off river ] This pub was named Spicket , and Willy remembered seeing many maps pinned to the walls for decoration [ and target practise too ] . so soon, there he was , and with some fast talking and a few playful tunes , he got himself a map of Sevenmazes Isle .

ILLUSTRATIONS OF MAP HERE
Now all he needed was a sailboat and yes a dragonbird .................

NOTE: a dragonbird is NOT a dragon with bird wings , but rather a large bird with a long snakelike neck with some fins and horns and a long wide bill , it can fly many different ways and has far reaching eyes. lllus pending ......

Last edited by W.J.Lexie : 11-08-2006 at 02:51 AM.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2006, 06:33 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

........ now all he needed was a sailboat and a Dragonbird ....
a Dragonbird ? Well now a Dragonbird looks like this.....
[quick sketch 7in by 7/half in., mech pencil ]
though they vary quite abit , because they are very unique for legend has it that BeJewel 's father made [a gift for her , when she was a child ] them from wood ,gems silver and gold , thats why they are very special to her .


...................................
"Ah Ha " says Willy , "I know just the person to see" and he headed down the coastal road to where a wonderfully built tower made of coloured stones , stood tall looking out over the Big waters . This is the home of BeJewel , singer / dancer extraordinary , one of the few enchanted elves , she is the keeper of the few rare Dragonbirds and so by living by the Big Waters BeJewel sails a beautifully built sailboat.
So Willy Tindersmoak is thinking , : well Im going to have to make this sound good" as he came up in a huff , for he jogged most of the way , a good days jog it was , he had gotten a ride to the pub on a dilivery coach the driver being a fan of Willy , the driver had to return to Nowherebuthere.

But all he had to do was play a very long and fanciful version of "The Goblin Tree " and I say if you were there , you wouldn't beleive you were , for it was very magical , she danced and danced and they sung many new verses...
tbc..
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

she danced and danced and they sung new verses .
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-26-2006, 12:42 AM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

some where out in the vast Big Waters , Sevenmazes Isle is navigating towards the frosted lands to build a ice amplithreatre will Willy be able to find it ? stay tuned .
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 AM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Hiya bill, lovely stories. Hey, I have an idea, would you be open to suggestion? I do have an idea for a story that sorta came to me in a dream, but since I can't write and certainly can't draw as well as you, I wondered if maybe you could take my idea and fill it in with words, you know, flesh it out with details? And draw pictures to go with it. Well at least do the cover art. Whaddya say? I won't wait for your answer - I'll just lay it all out right here and you can decide later. It's about a peasant girl who meets and falls in love with a knight but unbeknownst to her, there are magical forces in the kingdom in which she lives. So, ya know, she's just sittin' around one day and along comes a traveling theatre group. Actors, but not just actors. This troupe is headed by the notorious magicians, Elite Warlok and Leonardo Crow. They go into villages and disquise themselves as ordinary people and find a naive girl to play jokes on. You might say they like to make her the butt of their jokes. Anyways, the group gets together on the day of their arrival in the village and Warlock and Crow do a reading of crystal runes to find the most sensitive and vulnerable and naive girl that lives in the village. This day, they announce to the troupe that they have found her - her name is Isabel and she is in love with a knight. In shining armour no less.

"Hee hee Mua ha ha". Says Warlok. "We've found her. Now down to work."
So they make a spell that enables them to hypnotize her with gentle words - words disguised as the words a friend would speak. So they go out and befriend her and have all manner of conversation, gathering as much information about her, which she eventually gives freely thinking they're her friends and all, but all the while, each word they say is hypnotizing her into a deep waking sleep and each word she says is being recorded by a scribe behind a tree for use at a later time. Then the fun begins. Isabel is hypnotized so they all laugh and play and have such gaity and fun, oh all kinds of dancing and singing and eating and playing. Yeah, fun to be sure and all the while, Isabel thinks she is awake. But it's something like fairy glamour. You know what I mean. Anyway, one day she comes to her senses and realizes she had a spell cast upon her, and thinking back, remembers that before all of this happened she had a life and was in love with a handsome and wonderful knight. And she found him again, though he didn't know she had been hypnotized. He knew she had been behaving strangely, but stayed with her and held her hand and calmed her fears, he never left her side because no matter what he loved her and she loved him and that love was the power that broke the spell Warlok and Crow and the magical actors had cast.

Whaddya think? Deal or deal breaker?

bliss
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Oh, I forgot to add, the two lovers moved from the village where all that took place to a kingdom known as "realworldia".
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:08 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

well that quite the little story there bliss , but im not very good at illustrating others stories[ probily due to my own imagination being in the way] unless it was something that I picked out.
Also thanks for enjoying my illus story [ doing this experimentally ].
btw - were you not dreaming , but daydreaming maybe ?
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
Oh, I forgot to add, the two lovers moved from the village where all that took place to a kingdom known as "realworldia".
thats funny , like another way of saying -- now stop all this foolishness, get married ,have kids etc .[ even if [[she]] didn't want too ].
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:44 PM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbill
well that quite the little story there bliss , but im not very good at illustrating others stories[ probily due to my own imagination being in the way] unless it was something that I picked out.
Also thanks for enjoying my illus story [ doing this experimentally ].
btw - were you not dreaming , but daydreaming maybe ?
Well, no deal I guess. No, wasn't quite daydreaming either - more like a hypnagogic kinda thing. Thanks for reading and replying anyway.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2006, 08:45 PM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbill
thats funny , like another way of saying -- now stop all this foolishness, get married ,have kids etc .[ even if [[she]] didn't want too ].
No I don't think so.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Torie's Avatar
Torie Torie is offline
Enthusiast
Canberra, Australia
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,665
 
Hails from Australia
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
Hiya bill, lovely stories. Hey, I have an idea, would you be open to suggestion? I do have an idea for a story that sorta came to me in a dream, but since I can't write and certainly can't draw as well as you, I wondered if maybe you could take my idea and fill it in with words, you know, flesh it out with details? And draw pictures to go with it. Well at least do the cover art. Whaddya say? I won't wait for your answer - I'll just lay it all out right here and you can decide later. It's about a peasant girl who meets and falls in love with a knight but unbeknownst to her, there are magical forces in the kingdom in which she lives. So, ya know, she's just sittin' around one day and along comes a traveling theatre group. Actors, but not just actors. This troupe is headed by the notorious magicians, Elite Warlok and Leonardo Crow. They go into villages and disquise themselves as ordinary people and find a naive girl to play jokes on. You might say they like to make her the butt of their jokes. Anyways, the group gets together on the day of their arrival in the village and Warlock and Crow do a reading of crystal runes to find the most sensitive and vulnerable and naive girl that lives in the village. This day, they announce to the troupe that they have found her - her name is Isabel and she is in love with a knight. In shining armour no less.

"Hee hee Mua ha ha". Says Warlok. "We've found her. Now down to work."
So they make a spell that enables them to hypnotize her with gentle words - words disguised as the words a friend would speak. So they go out and befriend her and have all manner of conversation, gathering as much information about her, which she eventually gives freely thinking they're her friends and all, but all the while, each word they say is hypnotizing her into a deep waking sleep and each word she says is being recorded by a scribe behind a tree for use at a later time. Then the fun begins. Isabel is hypnotized so they all laugh and play and have such gaity and fun, oh all kinds of dancing and singing and eating and playing. Yeah, fun to be sure and all the while, Isabel thinks she is awake. But it's something like fairy glamour. You know what I mean. Anyway, one day she comes to her senses and realizes she had a spell cast upon her, and thinking back, remembers that before all of this happened she had a life and was in love with a handsome and wonderful knight. And she found him again, though he didn't know she had been hypnotized. He knew she had been behaving strangely, but stayed with her and held her hand and calmed her fears, he never left her side because no matter what he loved her and she loved him and that love was the power that broke the spell Warlok and Crow and the magical actors had cast.

Whaddya think? Deal or deal breaker?

bliss
Wow! What a story.

Victor.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

well, torie , maybe ya can help bliss out on that . in the mean time I gotta work out the next part of ' D ' story but that ole "realworldia " place got me at a slow pace , yet I'll show em . hhee hhee .
til next post , sleep tight , an watch out fer those strange things that go bump in D night !
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

What's 'D'?
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 PM
W.J.Lexie's Avatar
W.J.Lexie W.J.Lexie is offline
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,680
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

For bliss[ as pm requested ]

DUH- 'D' THE THE
SLANG USAGE BEFOOLS ME
SENDS ME AWAY TO THINK
I SHOULD GO TO SEE THE GRAMMER SHRINK
I MAY SEEM VAGUE
LIKEN 'D' HAGUE -/ - THE HAGUE
JOAN 'D' ARC BUT WILLY 'D' FOOL
SHOULD GO ON BACK TO SCHOOL
AND NOT SO BEFUDDLE FORUM READER
ABOUT HUMORIOUSLY BEING A LITERATE CHEATER
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2006, 12:14 AM
bliss bliss is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 883
 
Hails from United States
Re: GOBLIN TREE wip part 1

Thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


© 2014 F+W All rights reserved.