Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sueg

This is a mixed media acrylic painting measuring 24×24. Does anyone else experience a little more difficulty working on a square canvas? I sometimes find it more challenging and I’m not sure why.

CarlyHardy

Love your colors and the fabric gives movement to the figurative elements. I often work in the square format and love it…I have more problems with a horizontal! Also like vertical. I suppose all artists have a favorite format.

Greggo

Its not often that I say WOW!
                balance
                movement
                palette
                composition
                visuality
                everything!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Always enjoy seeing what you create, Sue, really outstanding abstraction. It is not too often I paint within a square and it is different as all space within is equal.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

laf.art

This is cool, I like the addition of the fabric. I never liked the square format but started using it a while ago and now I rarely paint on anything other. I used to find it a bit constraining.

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                    Instagram laf.abstracts

Teddy

I haven’t been on the site in months.. u have very much improved from already spectacular paintings..! really nice progression and development of colors.

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                        ✶ 
                        ✮ 
                        ✧  
                        ✶ 
                               ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                   teds

milna

Outstanding work.

Marochette

I like your work: mostly addition of fabric and composition. Thank you for sharing!

tidal

Yes fantastico agree strongly with the others …feels like you are on the right track to me….

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.