Home Forums Explore Subjects Aviation Art PAX F3 Tornado.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello again . I’m still struggling with my F4 OTRs perspective and decided to have a break and do something simpler.
    Groundcrew on most squadrons had the chance to have a PAX trip on their squadrons aircraft. PAX stood for “passenger aircraft experience ” the official wording for joyride!
    I managed one on a F3 and have always fancied painting the experience.
    What colour would choose for “puke!”

24″ by 14″ acrylic gouache on board. I’ve just blocked in roughly. Climbing up from the sea just about to go supersonic is the idea.

See how this goes.
    Ta John

NeilF92

Hope it goes well . The F3 is a good looking airframe , a bit more elegant than it’s mud moving relative ! Managed to shoot one or two at low level when they were about . May well have a bash at one in the not too distant future .

Day 1.
        Blocking it in and using a sponge for background.
        As usual I have problems getting the rigot shade of barley grey colour.
        Blending is another problem as I’m using acryl gouache which dries rapidly.
        Going to have a very darkish blue grey colour for the sea with broken cloud above the sea.
        Ta John

tmwilliams

Must have been quite the experience. Painting is off to a good start.

Thomas

Chas McHugh

Pax = Passenger and is used across all military services and civilian operations. The word passenger is shortened for both brevity but also because in telegraph / telegram days, ‘emails’ were charged per letter character. Thus a format for OPs messages including such things as ATD / ETA / Pax was born. Pax numbers include a corpse in the hold as post crash that is another body. Which is why you occasionally hear ATC say “How many souls on board” rather than people. In my time as Aircrew we had Crew & Pax and on occasion my Pax was inclusive of Royals / VIP who in the numbers game were just another number.

© Copyright Charles E McHugh 2019
                www.aeroartist.com

Day 2.
                Covered F3 in masking fluid.
                Thought I would try having the horizon tilting one way and the F3 tilting the other to give it movement hopefully.

Roughly blocked in some colour…

Leaving bottom left area for a north sea ferry or an oil rig.

Have not really attempted a sea scape before. Any suggestions really welcome. Sea is going to become a more grey green colour

See how it goes. Ta John

vegaskip

I paint the sea a lot, but usually from no higher than 60’. The main thing is, how high, weather conditions, time of day. I try to keep it as simple as possible. I had a look through my stuff and this is about the only one that is much more than cloud shadows.
                    Unfortunately this is at night, and a bit blurred.
                    Jim
                    [ATTACH]866297[/ATTACH]

Ta….so I should keep it simple.
                    See what happens again.
                    Thanks Jim

Day 3.
                    Plodding on. Removed the masking fluid to do some work on the F3. I’m not sure about the sea. I really would like to work from a photo but haven’t really found anything suitable yet.
                    But I am enjoying myself.

And a bit more…

And a wee bit more…

Trumper

That is looking very good.Don’t stress too much about the sea it forever changes shape,colour .

NeilF92

Coming along well!

Day 4.

After messing around with some darker glazes and then removing themy. I started a bit more detailing and I am quite satisfied with my “happy accident” so far that I think I can have a rest now.. before I do any more.
                            Ta John

I used photo editing software to enhance a photo by increasing the contrast . I think it looks better. Don’t know what to do! Also should I attempt clouds.
                            Comments needed to assist please.
                            Ta John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.