Home Forums The WetCanvas! Galleria WC Gallery 1st original painting finished

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gizmokids

Today I painted my 1st official original painting. I’m a bit embarrassed to share it as it is soooo… beginner! I’m going to untape it and flip the paper over tomorrow and try again!

I know critiques aren’t allowed here. But are tips or resources on how I can improve how and where I put my brush strokes?

i thank you in advance for your advice and critiques!

What medium are you using? You might if you want advice go to the forum for the medium that you’re using and ask there, that way you’ll get advice for those who use it. People are always happy to help, so please don’t ever feel embarrassed, it’s pretty cool that you’ve started and created something. A lot of people want to start but they never do and here you are making pictures and showing them, that’s awesome.

I quite like this, I think it’s charming! It reminds me of Colorado, with the red and grey rocks.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

gizmokids

What medium are you using? You might if you want advice go to the forum for the medium that you’re using and ask there, that way you’ll get advice for those who use it. People are always happy to help, so please don’t ever feel embarrassed, it’s pretty cool that you’ve started and created something. A lot of people want to start but they never do and here you are making pictures and showing them, that’s awesome.

I quite like this, I think it’s charming! It reminds me of Colorado, with the red and grey rocks.

Thank you for the information! I used Winsor & Newton professional watercolor paints. I’m unsure if I placed this picture in the right area… this is the watercolor board, correct? If not, let me know and I’ll move it.

And thank you for the comments! I’m in Las Vegas and we are surrounded by mountains! It’s a refreshing change because I grew up in extremely flat Kansas!

i thank you in advance for your advice and critiques!

Nope this is the WC Gallery, the WC meaning WetCanvas, I never noticed till today how easily that could be mistaken for watercolor gallery!

The Watercolor Gallery is at this link.

You can simply start another thread there.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Jon

You have done very well. I thought of the Las Vegas area as soon as I viewed your work.

KramNos

Congratulations! What a great start – and amazingly brave to put your work out there! Some great advice I got was that the times when you feel most frustrated, and nothing seems to work, that is when you are improving the fastest. So push through the hard times. Painting is often problem solving.

hmshood5

It does look good! I really like how the sky has that wispy, graduated look!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                        www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.