Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Saturday 17th February 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Good morning friends.

I slept well, late logging in.

Dry here after a little rain in the night, mild weather the next few days.

Dinner with friends tonight, we will hear about their month long trio to Florida.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Hi Doug and all who follow, especially Rick who is on the naughty step again :lol:

Warm today and yet again sweaty but not as bad as the last week.

A friend dropped in tonight. Lots of talk.

Found out why there are so many turkeys around lately. They are trapped in the outer western suburbs, by registered trappers. Not allowed to kill as they are protected. Then driven up the mountain and released at Boombana which is national park. Forgetting territories and food sources of course. Same way they trap and release possums. A neighbour down the road who has lived here for 50 years is going spare about the ravaging of her garden this year.

We have lots of turkeys, and lots more lately. The flight of the raptors come in at 4pm each day when I hurl them the uneaten cat food. Have to fight the magpies and butcherbirds. That’s ok. Everyone gets some. Cat food is all protein so OK.

Our gardens are undisturbed, with netting over vege beds, and years ago when roger wanted to kill the turkeys and I said we are supposed to be more intelligent than them, we laid down plastic mesh over the other garden beds. Undisturbed. Even they learn.

We get no damage now and the birds love the cat food.

They also turn our compost pile for us.

Enough feral stuff :wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hi Annie, you seem to have everything under control there – except the heat.

By the way, has anyone heard from Shirley Rulf (wcartistsr) lately?

Doug

shipbroker

Up early and out to market….fine but cold then before 0730, now very damp and cold wind…sky flat grey,again,….so perhaps have seen best of day. So, do not think gardening will be an option will visit SIL on Teesside instead as he two small granddaughters will be calling…..bought some choc-chip cookies for them on market.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Hi Geoff, dry and 4C/40F here, sky is brightening up, could get some sun.

Doug

:wave:

Good evening all..

Terribly hot day again. I went formal dress shopping with Elise and Tania, that was fun. Looked at the possibilities for the formal dinner on the cruise. I had a choice between One that looked like a wedding cake, and billowing apricot chiffon. Elise found a delightful blue dress, long, but wants to keep looking at other possibilities. She says this will be her fall back on dress.

:grouphug:Lynn:grouphug:

We had a doozie storm go through around 2.00am (I slept through it) but boy was everything damp when I woke up. Bird baths and feeder overflowing, and little seepage water by the front door. i thought this would cool things down but as I said today turned out stinking hot.

Bill YAY for a good quality Snow Blower and Double yay for the scroll saw. I had the loan of one for about a year, and I had a blast with it. My brother in law has one and makes the most beautiful stuff. Wall plaques, small boxes, table decorations. I will have to see if he has a website..

JJ, no birthday rumors today?
            Bill

:lol::lol:

JJ, I am really glad that you feel up to going for your sketching again. The sketches are nice!!

Thank you Uschi.. How are you doing..:grouphug:

JJ, it’s interesting that mushrooms are filled with nutrients!

I know. I always knew mushrooms were good for you and I love them, and eat different varieties, and the Mushroom Complex is a variety of mushrooms each with their own special properties. Mushroom 7 Complex is he best but I can’t get it, so I take the 5.

JJ—loved the photo of your greeters group. I have been following my friends vlog of their journey thru Australia

Where are they travelling now?

Time foe me to relax a little before going to bed.. :wave:

:grouphug:

JJ
            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

Bill

Good day all,

Up a little early, though, I slept well.

17 F but will warm to 35. The days are warming and readying for spring.

JJ, Janet feeds me a Reishi Mushroom herbal supplement. I don’t know what it’s supposed to do for me, I just take it so I don’t get slapped.
                I use to gather wild mushrooms until one year they almost killed us, now I just get plain store bought. Have some almost every night in salads or soup.

Annie, you and the animals have learned to live in a symbiotic relationship.

Made lots of granola yesterday, so breakfast is calling.

Making refried beans in the instant pot today.
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning all,
                It is a bit after 7:00 a.m. here in getting light Oakwood. Funny weather in the forecast today, warmish temps with rain and a possibility of a little snow mixed in too. We shall see.

I love mushrooms and we use them in a lot of the dishes we eat. I always have some in the freezer ready to throw into things like risotto and other dishes as well as fresh ones we pick up each week. One of my best memories of my Dad is when we visited my Grandmother in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He would take a metal bucket and go out to the mountains around the city. When he came back, the bucket would be filled with wild mushrooms he harvested in the fields there. He said he knew which varieties were safe and only picked that type. One type he called “stumpies” because they grew on the stumps of fallen trees. They were large and tasted like steaks when my grandmother cooked them. :D

Bill, Consumer Report magazine had an article about the Instant Pots today. They liked them. Sorry about your problem with a mushroom you gathered, fortunately, that never happened with the ones my Dad picked. :angel:

JJ, Glad you are having fun with Elise looking for suitable attire for your cruise. :D

Annie, I wish we were as successful keeping squirrels out of our veggie garden as you are with the critters in your yard.

:wave: to Doug, Geoff, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Sky is clear, not supposed to be according to forecast, high of -2C.

I’ll visit with my table tennis buddies and get the weekly money from them this morning. Also need to do the club’s finances. Maybe laundry in the afternoon or maybe not:D

(((((((Lynn))))))) I am truly sorry about Margaret’s passing.

Annie, you have developed a Garden of Eden! Now you make sure you hang on to that fig leaf:) P.S.: Maybe you would like to add some Canada Geese:
                    D

JJ, I can tell you and Elise can’t wait for the cruise. Dressing up is fun.

Bill, glad you got an opportunity to test your snow blower, you might not get another opportunity until next year.

Hi Sylvia, Geoff and Doug and :wave: to all yet to come.

Uschi

:wave: everyone,
                    Another grey day but supposed to warm to -4.

Brian’s mom stayed overnight and is still sleeping. Our plans are to go out for brunch and then take her to buy a new pair of dark pants for the memorial. We drop her off again after shopping.

Supper last night was happy chaos with the boys all here but we loved it. They were very impressed that we had a choice between three different desserts. :lol: Maverick entertained us after supper by dancing on the table while eating a piece of chocolate chip cookie (the table had been cleared and the adults were trying to sit and talk). :lol:

Lynn, I’m so sorry to hear about Margaret. Did they charge the truck driver who hit her?

I think I’ll have a cup of tea while waiting for Brian’s mom to wake up. We stayed up late watching men’s figure skating last night. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Oeuffff… I’m so light headed. :lol:

Good Morning! It’s a dull and cloudy day here in the SW of Ontario. No breeze. Not particularly cold with the thermometer right at 0C.

We brought home two big boxes of mushrooms from the farm… one of white buttons and one of creminis. I have to get into the kitchen to begin processing them. It’s a big job because each one has to be cleaned individually. Interestingly enough, they soak in water for ten minutes before their scrubbing.

We had a nice long chat with Jon, this morning. Our Granddaughter has a Birthday coming up on Monday, so the family is going shopping. Jon loves shopping with all his women folk… :lol: Not.

My former Tuesday Painting friend (well, she’s still my friend. We just don’t paint together on Tuesdays.) popped in yesterday afternoon for a visit. She hasn’t been here since I moved all my stuff downstairs and she was really surprised by the great lighting and all the room.

Doug, when was the last time Shirley posted? Do you have her email?

Annie, your gardens always amaze me… Uschi’s right about our geese… we’ll send you a few. Thousand. :)

Kids love cookies, Geoff… especially chocolate chip. Good choice.

Sounds like you had a great time shopping for dresses, JJ! Did you buy one?

Mmm… I haven’t made granola in a very long time. What a great breakfast, Bill!

Sylvia, the Instant Pot is a Canadian invention. The inventor is a very unassuming man who just wanted to make something efficient for his wife. He lives right here in Ontario!

Uschi, did you know we can grow fig trees here in Ontario? I have two of them started right in my back entry. Gorgeous trees. If you don’t do your laundry today, you can do it tomorrow… or even Monday because it’s Family Day.

Ellen… do you know who won last night’s hockey game? I haven’t checked yet. Such happy chaos… best memories are made!

:wave: All yet to come. Best thoughts and wishes for all who’re not feeling the best… :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

shipbroker

Bill…Ling Zhi is one of the original Chinese ‘superfoods’…supposed to help all sorts of ailments..Liver detox ,anti inflammatory for muscles etc; etc; So Janet isn’t trying to poison you….Our Chinese crewed ships used to order it by the tonne…well not quite!

Good day for UK in Korea medal-wise.

Weather improved but cooler.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

olliewood0702

Hello everyone,

It’s cold out there today but no precipitation yet. They say we could get a “frozen mix” and that means snow/freezing rain. :confused: This coming week it’s supposed to be Spring-like. :thumbsup: I’m ready.

Bill, that picture of Margaret is wonderful. Such a sad thing, my heart hurts just thinking about it. She was the sweetest lady and will be so missed.:crying: ((((Lynn)))):grouphug:

((Doris)) ((Kay)) thinking of you both. :heart:

Char, that is a lovely picture of you; you’re looking GREAT!

JJ, I’m glad you and the girls had fun dress shopping. It’s all so exciting.

I lost 2 more pounds this past week. I’m plugging away at it but the weight is coming off slowly. I’m on a medication that makes you gain weight so I’m fighting hard and it’s getting frustrating but I’m determined.

My IBS seems to be getting worse and when I go back to the doctor in a month I’ll discuss this with her yet again. No diet or eating plan has helped, and especially when I’m dieting. I guess I’m just cursed to live with it for the rest of my life. :( It sometimes makes life so difficult.

We took Kelsea out for dinner last night, she actually had a night off. We had a nice visit. It was nice to spend some time with her.

Ellen, Mav was he entertainer dancing on the table? :lol: They are so comical at times those little ones.

Doug, Shirley hasn’t been to the wash for quite some time now. I hope she’s okay and just too busy.

We have plans today to clean a room so I’d best get busy here. Wish me luck; hoping that Larry will part with some “stuff.” :crossfingers:

Enjoy your day everyone!
                            :wave: :heart:

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

kaypainter

Lynn I am so sorry to hear of Margaret’s passing. :grouphug:

Well Thursday was low 60’s or high 50’s. Can’t remember. Went out without a parka, just fleece jackets. Friday was cooler. Today is expected to only be a high of 37F. Expecting 3 to 6″ of snow tonight. :eek: Then next week is supposed to be mostly in the 50’s, maybe even into the mid 60’s!

I remember when living in LA I couldn’t understand all the talk of weather. It was either hot and sunny there, or hotter and sunny.

Wednesday had Es to the vet. 210cc of fluid, but less bloody. However she’d lost a lot of weight. I guessed she just wasn’t eating enough kibble. Put wet food down in front of her before, and she’d turn up her nose. Suddenly she started scarfing it as if there was no tomorrow. Started giving her this prescription food I’d been given when Augie had her bad tooth. Wow! Loves it. So, four to six small meals. However, you can’t give her a meal without giving a bit to the other two. Heaven forbid! :rolleyes:

Also went on an audition Thursday. Not bad for not having done one in months. Ran into a former classmate from drama school. Chatted a bit.

Other than that, weird small migraines, like a roller coaster, up and down, and in and out for three days.

JJ we’ll need a pic of the three of you in your formal wear!

I love mushrooms. The Asian market near me has all these really interesting ones. Last time they had oyster mushrooms on sale, and I bought some for my chicken soup. Very tasty.

Nice pic Char.

Okay I need to get something done today. Want to try and get a small load to the laundromat before snow sets in.

:wave: :wave:

Kay

Edit: Darla have you tried drinking Yakult every day? It was Carolynn who had mentioned it. It helps me tremendously.

I hope Carolynn is okay.

"Don't look back, we're not going that way." (Marcia Wallace)

Uschi

I am busy so just a quickie, and the reason for this is that there is a reason why Char showed the picture and why she feels so light, namely she had her hair cut!!!!!!!!

Char, looks great!! Give it a year and you’ll go back to the bun:D

Kay, :thumbsup: for the audition, :thumbsup: for Esme, :thumbsup: for being intrigued by the weather and :eek: for the migraines.

Darla, I can see why this diet and the IBS wouldn’t quite fit together. Hope you reach you goal soon so you can go back to a more normal way of eating(just less:lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ellen, your Maverick is quite the character, kind of suits his name:)

Hi Geoff!!

Over and Out!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.