Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Autumn leaves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Merriweather

It is winter for us in the bottom part of the earth. However, because our Autumn was very mixed, mainly warm to hot the leaves are now acting like autumn leaves should.
        I tried to show the windy autumn leaves from the Poplar trees down the road.

Schminke pigments on Canson Moulin du Roy… which took a lot of battering being I flooded it with water to get the transparent paints to blend into one another.
        I have to say… the paper did what i needed it to do… so thumbs up there. :thumbsup:

CC welcomed.

Merriweather

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

FrankM

Wonderful effects and nicely done!

FrankM

KiwiKate

Very beautiful!

Kate
                Henderson, Nevada
                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

yahya sryio

Very nice. Great realism .

Painting is jealous, and requires the whole man to herself. Michael Angelo
                    Zeldaquatic

Beautiful, I like it !:thumbsup:

Lotsodots

Nice. I like the feeling of movement. Looks like the wind is moving from left to right. The overall impression is that it is realistic, but when you look at individual leaves it feels more impressionistic. What size is it? It would have quit an impact if it was large. A2 or bigger. :eek:

Wayne
                            Comments and critiques are welcome
                            Amrosha

Lovely details and colors!

Merriweather

Nice. I like the feeling of movement. Looks like the wind is moving from left to right. The overall impression is that it is realistic, but when you look at individual leaves it feels more impressionistic. What size is it? It would have quit an impact if it was large. A2 or bigger. :eek:

Thankyou, I was trying for the feeling of movement… so Yay… that worked if you noticed.

Its a A3 size.

I still haven’t found my preferred way of working yet. I guess that comes with practice.

:)

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Merriweather

Thank you kindly to all who have had a look and passed a lovely comment.

cheers Merriweather

VanAndrew

That’s really cool, at times realistic and at times abstract depending how I look at it.

Candlejack

holy cow! I love how the leaves layer!

jonc50

I guess you’re well into autumn now…nice work.!

ErnstG

Beautiful colors!

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website
                                                        Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
                                                        Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!

Netty

The leaves are almost mesmerising, the abstract shapes that form beautiful leaves is so pretty.
                                                            Up on the far north coast of nsw, we have finally had some cold weather after a rather warm autumn, its so nice to be cold after a hot summer 😊

Netty ...... Beauty for ashes... The oil of joy for mourning...True Peace....
                                                            https://www.instagram.com/nettykozlovsky/

Johndk

Hi Merriweather. This is not just good watercolour, its good art: excellent composition, colours are engaging, the painting technique is consistent and well executed. Very well done – its beautiful.

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.