Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ellis Ammons

I’m thinking about doing this climbing rose, acrylic or oil. I’m getting into photography a little more and this is my own photo. What do you think about the composition? The depth is what I liked about this one. But maybe I took out to much perspective idk. Maybe the subject is a little flat. I’m on the fence on this one.

I can tweak it in photoshop.. I spent some time layering it and toning it down. It seems to get toned down on WC anyway. But in the first photo the rose really seems to jump out. Idk, it’s alot of busy background in that one.

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
        oil and acrylic paintings..

La_

i’d be apt to put the left smaller budding flower closer to the largest to make a trio of the rose colors, cozy and simplify the comp and unclutter some of the green.

not really tho, roses are beyond my patience level and i’d truly be most apt to do a larger scale macro of the center three inches of freshly opening bud.

good luck!

la

Robin

I agree with la about the other rose. I like your crop better, and I hope you add leaves in the bottom right. If it were me, I’d be making the top right very dark.

But not a floral painter, s take that will a grain of salt.

Robin

ptrkgmc

Excellent reference photo, complex and challenging.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.