Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KramNos

I have a new favorite artist tool: Clogs.

I’ve had back pain and a pinched nerve causing numbness in my leg from years of standing at easel. Over time I started sitting more and more. Now I’m not knocking sitting, but for me I tend to get tunnel vision if I sit too much. Not to mention bad sitting posture.

Anyway, my wife got me these and I swear, they changed everything. They took a couple of days to get used to, but I can stand for hours at a time now.

And no. I’m not a Russian clog bot. They really are great.

bongo

Is there something about the design of clogs that make them comfortable or does it have more to do with just getting a new pair of shoes that fit good?

I

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
            STUDIOBONGO

contumacious

Comfortable footwear can make a huge difference if you work standing up. A padded mat can be very helpful as well. What has helped me is to change to a different type of shoe several times a day. As soon as my feet start to feel a bit beat up, I switch shoes or go with just socks for a while. It is like a little foot vacation.

KramNos

I think it has to do with the arch support and heel hight (extreme). This sort of forces your hips forward and unlocks your knees. I just feel more balanced. They are really designed for standing rather than walking around all day. A lot of chefs and nurses use them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.