Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, August 15, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill

This mornings 6km walk along Taffra Beach NSW. (Phone camera)

Presently I’m composing in the back seat of my car at Cooma, NSW in the Snowy Mountains where I’ve found a secluded place to camp the night. Overnight temp’ will be -2C.

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Good day, Mark.
        Thank you for the beautiful refreshing photo. The sun must feel good on your face as you listen to the waves crashing on the shore. It looks like it is just You and the Sea. Enjoy the moment. Thanks for the great start to Thursday’s thread.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Mark,
        I googled Taffra Beach but Google keeps taking me to Tathra Beach. Could you be misspelling it? I wanted to read more about it.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Sorry Lorell, a senior’s mispelling moment. TATHRA it is. Yes, Google it. It’s a tiny village but very upmarket. I think I’ve one or two fab pictures to share when I get home, which looks like Saturday.

BTW, “I’m gazin’ at the (full) moon until I loose my senses, Don’t fence me in”.:music:
            Brrr … OMG but it’s freezing!!! “Oh baby it’s cold outside” :music: But I’m cosy and warm! :D

MY FLICKR

damar

Good morning Pub Folks!
                Mark that’s a nice looking beach-scape.
                The water color makes the breaking waves look jewel-like.

Cypress Lake, FL

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                Photos are ©2021

Hi Patty,
                That is a gorgeous image, Patty. Love those purples and oranges. I see lots of interesting figures in the cloud formations.

I had to go to my Feb 2019 files to recover this shot of a sunset from the beaches of Anna Maria Island, Florida. The show at sunset from the island never gets old especially accompanied by the soothing sound of waves crashing on the shore.

Greenhill

Thanks Patty, even on my phone that’s a stunning sunset. I’m all snuggled up in my sleeping bag in the back of my car watching the moonset.

Lorell, a moody cloudscape from you too. How wonderful and precious are moments like these. It will be sunrise here in less than an hour. I will have to psych myself out of this cosy nest to fix coffee on my fuel stove and a snack for brekkie before hitting the road. I charge my phone on a converter as im driving.
                    Im wearing my woolly beanie! It’s getting light as you see. Held phone back over my head for 10secs delay! Lol

MY FLICKR

Debsn2paintn

Hi Mark, I hope you were able to sleep.

Patty that is an amazing sunset. Wow!

Lorelle your sunset is so peaceful and calming.

Have a great rest of your Thursday everyone.

Sony A7ii, Canon 24-70L, Sony 70-300 G Series, Sony hotshoe Flash, canon speed lite 580EX flash,Studio Equipment and Lights.
                        Deb

damar

Lorell,
                            Nothing like a beautiful Florida sunset!
                            I used to live on the Florida east coast and really miss walks on the beach.
                            Your photo says it all.
                            Mark, don’t your windows fog up real bad?
                            One time in Florida, we drove for hours, got to the camp grounds around 3 AM and the gate was closed and locked. We had to sleep in the jeep.
                            UGH!!!

Photos are ©2021
                            Greenhill

Deb, slept like a baby, babe!

Patty, I have 2 rear windows slightly open wiith insect netting to allow air circulation to. prevent fogging. (tuff aussie outback know how, patty! LOL) :D

MY FLICKR

damar

I am not seeing posts when they get posted..so if I miss commenting that’s why

Photos are ©2021

Well hi Patty & Deb ~ it’s been a while! :wave:
                                    Just catching up on the last few dailies and there you were!
                                    Glad to see life’s still good for you both. Things here are
                                    much the same as ever, still on the Island; still upright and breathing :lol:
                                    That’s a fabulous sunset Patty, such rich colours.

Hi Lorell, I can almost hear the sea just looking at your shot.
                                    I like the metallic colours in the ocean.

That’s funny Mark, you do look cozy though. What’s the temp there?
                                    Safe travels.

Here’s an Island sunset from the archives:

carol

Nikon D7200 Nikon and Sigma lenses - PShop CS5

Hi Carol,
                                    That image is so painterly.
                                    Awesome.

Mark, I am sure that you are bark on the road by now. You sure looked cozy. You probably slept well with all that fresh air. Be safe now as you head back home.

damar

Hi Carol!
                                        Good to see you!
                                        Pretty much the same here too.
                                        Wow, that is beautiful sky color!
                                        It reminds me of a November sunset.
                                        Lorell said painterly! I agree!

Photos are ©2021
                                        Anonymous

Some terrific scapes displayed in this Daily – you folks sure are good!

:thumbsup: to Mark, Damar, Lorell, and Carol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.