WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#121   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 AM
Veteran Member
Oregon

Re: 'My Own Personal Minions', a new WIP

This is just so amazing....the detail, the colors, the textures.
  #122   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoball
Well Alan I could say it's amazing or fabulous or stunning or astounding but it is better'n that. This will be one fantastic painting!!

Thanks sno! now imagine when more than the flower and the grapes are finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcam
Alan, thanks, and how great to see your progress. Your attention to value and color is amazing. When you gonna' get to the glass dish bro?
I'll tell you, the little storm troop in the clear glass vase is SUPER, not to mention everything else.
Looking forward my friend. May the force be with you.
Derek

Thanks my friend, I'm working on all the little facets of the glass dish right now, it will really 'flatter' the grapes when finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Francis
Excellent!

Thanks Ron, that means the world to me from what I consider WC's absolute best artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
Super.thanks for the update! The grapes just boggle my mind, they look better than what I can buy in the store.

Appreciate the kind words, the grapes took a lot of time but I'm very satisfied with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinasia
gorgeous grapes!

Thanks Mary, stick around for the rest of the fruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal
Love it Alan. You might as well paint the quarter from now on..your mastery knows no bounds.

Thank you so much John, I have enough to paint without the reference quarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delofasht
Alan your dedication and effort always impress, you really give each individual element the time and attention it needs to get the most possible detail out of each little thing. Great work man, glad to see an update again, the grapes are extraordinary, as is everything else of course.

Thanks Delo, I appreciate the very kind words, and I'm glad you stopped in. You've done great work around here recently and you always have something intelligent to add to any discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth ours
Wowza!!!

Thanks! Glad you dig it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinespirit
This really is insanely good.
It would be my worst nightmare to attempt to paint that realistic but I can certainly appreciate your beautiful work.

Thanks, all the detail is my bread and butter. I get really locked in and focused when I'm painting a particularly detailed area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justadude
I don't even know what to say, it's just. So. Good. You do incredible work, Alan, hopefully your health continues to improve and any issues you've had stay in your past.

Thanks Paul for the kind words and well wishes. Hopefully I can sway some folks into the world of taking 3 days to paint a grape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgrass
This is just so amazing....the detail, the colors, the textures.

Thanks so much, all this fruit really requires many value and color changes. Plus a whole extra step for textures, one I haven't done yet on anything but the grapes.
  #123   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Thank for the how you did it. It helps us beginning painters.
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by floblue
Thank for the how you did it. It helps us beginning painters.

Glad I can help, I wish I could post more regularly and give more specific instructions. Stick around for the progress!
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Mississippi Gulf Coast

Hails from United States

Alan, thatís the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen. Most of us canít even conceive of that level of painting; itís incredible. Thank you so tremendously much for showing the way you work. I couldnít have imagined it, still canít quite believe it. Btw, you have a wicked sense of humor!
  #126   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju-Ju-Beads
Alan, thatís the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen. Most of us canít even conceive of that level of painting; itís incredible. Thank you so tremendously much for showing the way you work. I couldnít have imagined it, still canít quite believe it. Btw, you have a wicked sense of humor!

Thank you Ju-Ju, if you like my work you can look up my name and click on 'find all threads started by Alan P. in OC' and see the rest of my WIPs.

You'll get a glimpse of what I consider a 'finished product' and all the final details and steps. The only things finished on this painting are the background, vase, 1 stormtrooper, the flower, and the grapes .