Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Amazing woodcarving and found object sculptures

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ArtsyLynda

I’ve had back trouble for quite a while – today I’m finally pain-free, thanks to the injections I had yesterday to treat my two herniated discs and pinched nerve! Beyond that, I really enjoyed seeing the public art at the surgical center for Beacon Orthopedics. In the lobby of the building where testing is done (MRI, etc.), there’s a lifesize wood carving of two surgeons working on a man’s arm. Even the surgical instruments are included! The man’s hand is in a sling, and the tray with instruments is over his body. I took the pictures from the ends of the sculpture because you really can’t see all the detail otherwise.

Then there was the one of the baseball player hitting a baseball and the entire sculpture is made of wooden bats and pipes. Some of the bats are getting a bit moldy. The nurse discharging me told me the artist is supposed to replace them when they start looking bad. This practice does the ortho care for the Cincinnati Reds and other local pro athletes as well as aging artists like me. It was snowing and raining, so I took the picture through the car window. Sorry about the rain drops!

Glad you have a reprieve from the pain. Those are really cool looking sculptures. Pretty neat to go to a medical facility and enjoy art at the same time. Wood carving. Wouldn’t that be a fun thing to do? The wood looks so beautiful with the variations of tones. Baseball bat sculpture is innovative.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
        [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

ArtsyLynda

I don’t know if I’ll get into the third building there or not, but I’m sure it has some interesting artwork there too.

The pain is a lot less – it was gone completely last Friday, but it’s gradually coming back. Now both hips and my low back are hurting again, but Tylenol is taking care of it fairly well for now.

crazyfish

thanks for sharing the pics. hope you feel better soon

, the Fish

F. H. Auer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.