WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Think Tank > Creativity
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Southern Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: New Here; Creativity for Productivity

La, I totally know where you're coming from. Theres no magic spell to recite that will solve problems or make us so passionate that nothing hinders the process. Yet there are some things that will prevent or slow things to a halt that need our attention if we want change.. And other qualities we need for growth. Its not easy, say, if you're in a chaotic living situation; or have bad social anxiety, etc. to create freely and passionately without your mind being elsewhere. Ive learned meditation can help with things like this. And creating routine helps. Although, i do advocate acting spontaneously, because it just feels natural and is freeing. Still, some times other events take priority, especially concerning family and other serious issues. It can get real difficult to keep the fire of passion lit.

Its obvious WC has an abundance of passionate and thoughtful artists. We all have our obstacles, some like to talk about it, others might bottle it up. Somehow, people endure beautifully. Proof is all over these forums. And that in itself is encouragement to keep pushin.

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed to this discussion.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM
artyczar

fritzie is right. I do a lot of "suffering" for my art so I can paint what I want. I do this by living a certain way and at times doing a few things I don't want to do. But that's not exactly true because I am actually doing what I want to do. I have no "real" job. I have no boss. I am not complaining. I love what I do. Someone else might think my life is ALL risk, but so what? We all make decisions how we see fit. What is important is that we try to make the ratio the highest in happiness as we possibly can, otherwise, why live? Life is so amazing. It's meant to be enjoyed, not endured.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Southern Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Good point. And I understand, really. Hard to work much on art with a full-time job, especially if you've got minor children. Two hours are like two seconds when you're enjoying yourself. And thats more frustrating than a little bit.
But yea, I suppose income is income to some extent. And Artyczar, you mention living a life of risks, I Love that. The sense of freedom it gives is so essential to my happiness.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

When I had to work a "real" job, and had little ones at home, I brought colored pencils on the train and did small pieces to and from and at my lunch break.

If I didn't, I felt my soul was being sucked away.

You need red, blue, yellow and white, an eraser, and a sheet of pastel paper cut up.

(BTW, I sold most of those pieces, which helped get me out that work cage faster).
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Southern Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Yea, no doubt. I have the essentials with me wherever I go. Oh, how I'd enjoy a train ride to and from work.

I would like to fit in a market ... The market where everyone buys it just because I made it. Maybe I'm aiming too high. Comparing myself to the masters again (slaps self on hand.) :-p

Last edited by Gwenever : 05-03-2012 at 07:43 PM.