WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ April, 2012

Good morning everyone!
I just did a quick read through the posts since the 20th.

Linda -- Sounds fun and BUSY!!

ML - Lovin' your new orange kitchen!! It's very "southwest." Really like that backsplash too.

Azure -- yes, it was hot as Haddes in Lodi/Sac!! And then the cool down and then I was driving in rain almost all the way to Fresno. People don't know how to drive in the rain, saw two accidents, one rollover and one where two ended up taking out the center divider (on Hwy 99)

JayJay -- Sorry about your failed trip

Doug -- Those tiles turned out even better than I expected!! WOW oh WOW -- absolutely love them!!

I'm absolutely exhausted and plan on getting some relaxing in today. I'll need to hit the floor running starting tomorrow. My posts in FB have been vague because of a family member who gets things mixed up when she tells others who aren't on FB My mom is dieing and likely won't get out of the hospital. She was thrilled to see my daughter and Katie (Katie continues to do SO well, truly amazing). Even though they have mom on massive doses of antibiotics, they can't get the lung infection (bacterial pneumonia) under control. They've got her on very high levels of oxygen (they try to lower it and she gets into trouble), the antibiotics and strong pain meds. She's quite lucid in spite of all the meds. She cannot even sit on the side of the bed without going into distress. It was very hard to say goodbye, but I couldn't stay any longer. I know I'll not see her again this side of Heaven. Tomorrow it will be 5 years since my dad's death, we sisters think mom will pass away on that day.

I took my watercolor supplies, but got NO art done.
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
A Local Legend
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Brenda ((((hugs))))
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Brenda, I'm so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
  #109   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

(((((((Brenda)))))))
  #110   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

B, I'm so sorry.... (((((Hugs and prayers for you and your family)))))

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Good evening and Happy Friday!

Sorry to hear about your mom, Brenda. It is definitely hard to watch the decline and say goodbye.

Thank you, Shirl,Brenda&ML. I was quite pleased with the tiles. A coworker bought a set so I guess I made my first art sale. I need to upload to Spoonflower and get swatches printed to see how well they will print on fabric.

Work has been stressful lately and I haven't done much in the garden this week but will put in some more trees this weekend. Our annual Friends of the Library book sale started Wednesday. Bought way to much again

Tomorrow is busy. Cat to the vet at 8AM. A friend shows up about 9:30 to go with me when I get a few more hives worth of bees. The friend is getting his first hive's worth of bees and I'll be showing him how to put them in their new home. The one hive left from last year is doing quite well so far. The early blooming helped.

Hope all are well.
Doug
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:04 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

'morning everyone

B, I'm so sorry about your Mom... hope you're feeling a little more refreshed after that long drive and long week, and happy you made it home safely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszurblue
Mary Lou They say a good laugh is like a warm hug when you most need one..Thank You (my mama told me that)

I like that Azure!

JayJay, so sorry you had to postpone your trip.

DH had good news yesterday - his oxygen levels are pretty much back to normal, and he can stop using the oxygen therapy at home unless he feels like he needs it. They are doing a breathing test next week in some kind of chamber (I need to google that one), but for the most part, he's on the road to recovery. The doctor did tell us to keep the oxygen concentrator until after we move because of the elevation in AZ - it's much easier to keep it for a few months than turning it in and then trying to get it back. (damn insurance).

He's also gained back 6 pounds!! And we are both still quit (smoking) - I'm on day 14 and DH is on day 18.

I can't believe we have just about 30 days before the big move! Too much to do, too little time...

Waving to all I missed - hope you all have a happy & creative day!

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks for all the hugs, prayers and well wishes!

ML -- so happy to hear your DH is almost "normal" -- whatever normal is, LOL! Kudos for the not smoking milestone. . . you CAN make it!!!

Doug -- I'd definitely consider that an "art sale!!"

Mom had my sisters called to the hospital this morning as the end was eminent. Sisters got there to find out that mom had gotten confused. . . the doctor told her that she is not getting better and that they'd make her as comfortable as possible. Mom thought they were going to put her to sleep, so she wanted her daughters with her while she was still conscious. It's actually amazing she hasn't gotten more confused than she does considering the heavy pain meds!! Of course, her condition could deteriorate rapidly at any time.

Sorry I've not been on here much. . . still playing catch up at home and I've got to get started on the catering job in the next few days. There's lots I can do ahead of time.
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

So sorry just a fly by again.....wonderful kitchen Mary Lou! Gorgeous tiles Doug! So very sorry about your mom Brenda!

Hubby got back yesterday afternoon from his annual kayaking trip. We went to eat where my oldest works and she waited on us. Came back to get a phone call that one of my husbands best friends and biking buddies was hit by a car and killed Sat. Afternoon. And DH has to leave for Bancock in the morning. Not enough hours in the day to get everything done here, house is a super wreck!
  #115   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Good Sunday Morning Everyone,

The sun is up bright and beautiful, my roses are blooming and the air smells fresh and sweet, and the little song birds are singing their little hearts out. I have some little kind of real tinny Finch's(?) that have made a nest in one of my yellow rose bushes and are so very busy, they are, darting in and out twerping and chitering to each other..super cute... Not hard to guess where I had my first cupa coffee, huh

Mary Lou, Big Big clapy hands for you and hubby on not smoking...Happy he's gaining some weight back...How much difference is there in the elevation between Calif and AZ?

Brenda, didn't know weather to laugh or cry about you Mom getting confused about her condition, so did a little of both...

Linda, Hope you can find your rhythm to combined both home and school..Don't forget to take the time to stop.. and smell the roses..

Hi Doug, Shirl, JayJay, Kay and everyone peeking in...

Azure
  #116   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Ona there was a free kindle book today about the top treatments for Lymes disease!
  #117   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

My computer went on the blitz on Friday, I'm pretty sure it's just the keyboard needing replacement. DH is taking the CPU in to Staples today to make sure that's all it is. I'm thankful for my netbook and having worked on it all weekend, I'm actually getting used to the keyboard.
No phone calls yesterday from my sisters. I'm assuming all is the same.
Tonight is my final class for the semester, and I'm really glad. This semester has been a real challenge to me with all the time I've had to take off. They will turn in their Final project and then we'll make plastic bag ice cream and dismiss early.
I wore my newly crocheted shawl/wrap yesterday to church and got so many compliments. I had DH take a picture of it on me so I could post it on the online knitting/crocheting group, Ravelry. But I'll post it here too so y'all can see. Finishing it has got me motivated to get going on the second "thread" wrap that I've bought supplies for. But I've got to finish another knitting project first AND get going on the book illjustrations!! I also need to get started with the foods I can do ahead of time for the catering job; I plan on shopping for ingredients on Wed. I have way too much on my plate!!!!

Azure,
I know what you mean, it IS kinda funny that Mom thought she was going to be euthanized.
I forgot to mention. . .I bought the book you recommended "Between Shades of Gray" and am halfway through it. It IS a good book!! Thanks for the recommendation. I also bought the one that I think Shirl recommended "I'm Listening with a Broken Ear" and it'll be my next read.

Linda,
I was so very sorry to hear of your DH's friend's accident!!

to all and wishing everyone a creative day!!
  #118   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM
A Local Legend
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks for the link linda and for the pm Shirl. I don't have a kindle though.

We have our local watercolour society show this week and its hanging day today. to all and hugs to Brenda
  #119   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Time for a new chat thread. Click here.