Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Kim’s farm plein air

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhere

sketching out with friends at the weekend, done in a 14inch square watercolour pad

The farm belongs to a fellow member of a group I belong to and is gorgeous. I sat in the shade of a barn on a beautiful warm day and decided to do a bit of architecture in pen and wash. I rarely use the fine tip pens as I like a more variable line but enjoyed using them for this. I didn’t want the line to be too intrusive, letting the watercolour do its thing :)

It’s looser than it looks – see in the details below

Such a good day with fabulous hospitality and homemade cakes and shortbread :)

Munin Raven

Lovely. I’m stuck on those two large white flowers to each side of the door. Roses?

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
            vhere

actually lights! but with leaves overlapping a bit

Munin Raven

I can go with that, but I do like the joy of interpretation. I’m chuckling to myself in the way you let me down gently… “but with leaves overlapping a bit.”

Such a warm and fun way of breaking the news to me, haha… so very British. :)

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                    eyepaint

I like the far away view with the vines winding up the stone front :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

vhere

I can go with that, but I do like the joy of interpretation. I’m chuckling to myself in the way you let me down gently… “but with leaves overlapping a bit.”

Such a warm and fun way of breaking the news to me, haha… so very British. :)

:lol: :cat:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.