Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics 1. Golden Dawn….. and 2. Leading the Way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

…after a long dark night. Lancaster bomber limping home.
        I haven’t posted here for a while as I’ve mainly been using watercolours, but I came across some old photos of acrylics I did, this is from 1997.
        Jim
        [ATTACH]856962[/ATTACH]

hmshood5

Beautiful Lanc!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Grampy

Detailing and highlighting is amazing.
                Nice one Jim.
                Steve :thumbsup:

Steve

Never regret doing what puts smiles on faces

vegaskip

My Jack Russel put half a dozen holes in this one. My fault, putting too many paintings and a small dog in to a small car. My son managed to restore it.
                    24″ X 14″
                    [ATTACH]856967[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the mishap. Looks really good.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

fedetony

nice painting… more than 1 hole is enough for it to be repainted instead of repaired, no?

That looks cool, 1 engine failed?

Federico Garcia
                        My Blog
                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Nice to see you here again. This is wonderful!

Wonderful painting.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                        Every painting is a new adventure.

I hate to be a nag about this, but we do have a forum rule about starting multiple threads on the same day. The reason is to keep people from monopolizing the front page of the forum.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

vegaskip

I hate to be a nag about this, but we do have a forum rule about starting multiple threads on the same day. The reason is to keep people from monopolizing the front page of the forum.

In that case why is it possible for me to post 15 or 20 consecutive posts complementing 15 or 20 people on how nice their paintings are, there by moving the previous ‘top of the front page’ to the foot of the page almost in one fell swoop. Believe me it Does Happen. I honestly think it time some rules were reviewed. However I will take note. And limit my posting.
                            Please feel free to remove extra posts
                            Jim
                            Ps excellent example on this page 13 posts, shunting Decam’s post straight on to page 2

It’s not a question of posts but of threads – we may have a dozen or more posts here keeping this thread near the top! :)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

vegaskip

It’s not a question of posts but of threads – we may have a dozen or more posts here keeping this thread near the top! :)

I don’t quite understand that. However, if I really wanted to keep my pics on the front page. It would be perfectly ‘legal’ for me to go back 25 post of my work and say ‘thank you for commenting’ on every one and I would fill the page.! I’m all for saying thanks, but if I post a pic I would like to think that it will be moved down the page by someone posting a new fresh painting, not 13 consecutive ‘thank you’s
                                I haven’t posted here for a while. I found some old photos of stuff
                                JimI did in the 90’s and thought I’d share them, I wasn’t aware of the limitations on posting here, although I know it is on the W/C section. I rarely paint with acrylics these days so don’t know when I’ll next post, however I will remember only to post one a day.
                                As a moderator, please let me know your views on these multi thank you type of post I referred to.
                                Jim

As a moderator, please let me know your views on these multi thank you type of post I referred to

Actually, I agree with you – it’s boring too to see consecutive posts saying ‘thank you’ instead of using only one post to thank all for their comments …… I think (I note!) it’s because they use the quote button from each post.:rolleyes:

In the AMAE forum we do ask members to avoid the ‘thank you’ posts by saying thanks in advance when posting the thread initially…. usually it works!

For some, I think they may be wanting to boost the number of posts to their threads!

Sometimes, when I have time, I’ll merge consecutive posts into one but don’t always have that time! :)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

vegaskip

Thank you for your answer. I think it is one of those things done unthinkingly, where by thanking some one you are thinking you are doing good ( and you are, it’s nice to be thanked / praised) but in fact you are sweeping the previous persons post further down the page with each of your thank you’s.

Enough! I’m away back to w/c’s. Although I’m off painting just now, too much going on domestically at the moment thanks again
                                    Jim

Attalus

Nice Lanc. Is that engine feathered to save fuel?

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

vegaskip

Nice Lanc. Is that engine feathered to save fuel?

Quite possibly, although more likely the result of an encounter with a Nightfighter or Flak. Who knows? It’s a little trick I learned through observation.
                                            If I had the prop spinning, It would have been a nice pic of a Lanc in the dawn ligh. Stop the prop,or put in an other a/c in the distance etc. You add a whole new chapter to the story. I seldom paint a ship, (my main interest) without including another ship, birds or other object to help create interest. So there you go ‘Tip of the Day’
                                            Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.