Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Daily Paintworks? Anyone selling there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Robin

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/

Looks like a flat $12.95 monthly fee, which is steep but not if they sell!

Robin

Diane Cutter

I’ve just signed up but haven’t listed anything yet. I’ll let you know if I get any bites.

Diane

blondheim12

I’ve sold about 11. Paintings since April first when I started. The sales have been from 55.00 to 250.00. I like the site. Very efficient and well worth the fee.
                Love,Linda

Linda Blondheim Art
                http://www.lindablondheim.com
                Blondheim Art and Stories
                http://www.blondheimartandstories.com

CSForest

I’ve sold about 11. Paintings since April first when I started. The sales have been from 55.00 to 250.00. I like the site. Very efficient and well worth the fee.
                    Love,Linda

That seems worth it, but …. are you selling because you get more exposure through their site? Or are you driving your own customers to that site to buy?

Crista Forest
                    My Animal Art Sites
                    [/COLOR] -- My Animal Art Gifts -- My Art Prints Page

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

It’s been on my ‘to do’ list for a couple months, after seeing Linda there. :)

Tina.

Abstract coast and geology art: www.tina-m.com | Art/Science gallery: www.grejczikgallery.com

Robin

Oh, didn’t know Linda was there as well!

Robin

blondheim12

[FONT=”Arial][/FONT]

That seems worth it, but …. are you selling because you get more exposure through their site? Or are you driving your own customers to that site to buy?

I’m getting the exposure through the site. 10 of the 11 sales were to new collectors.

Linda Blondheim Art

Robin

Thanks Linda. I’m going to take a serious look at it again.

Robin

Robin

I love, love, love that it’s all original art.

Etsy is repro heaven, even when you search for “original”, people title and tag their repros as “original print” or Print of original watercolor painting”, so when you look for originals…you get a sea of inkjet repros.

If you like to sell originals, this seems to be a good place!

Robin

ooghe

I’ve been there for a month and have been very happy. It’s definitely driven traffic to my blog and Etsy store. I’ve made four sales as a direct result.

CSForest

Is anyone selling larger size paintings worth hundreds or even a couple thousand? Or mainly mini paintings at low price?
                                            Also, do you use their auction system? Or do you just upload paintings and link to Etsy, ebay, PayPal, etc, for your sales?

Crista Forest
                                            My Animal Art Sites

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Diane Cutter

I’m having trouble finding things. It’s not super-user friendly. But, as I add more things (and follow instructions), I’ll probably be swimming just fine.

Diane

CSForest

Yikes. I was just looking over paintings there that have sold and it seems what’s selling are small and super cheap paintings, like 8×10 for $25. For those of you selling there, you are really selling things that cheap, are you??
                                                    Even if I could do a painting in an hour … which I can’t …. after expenses, fees, taxes, etc, I couldn’t make any money that way.
                                                    It seems like the only online art sales are for those who want to work for $2/hour. :(

Crista Forest
                                                    My Animal Art Sites

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

blondheim12

Yikes. I was just looking over paintings there that have sold and it seems what’s selling are small and super cheap paintings, like 8×10 for $25. For those of you selling there, you are really selling things that cheap, are you??
                                                        Even if I could do a painting in an hour … which I can’t …. after expenses, fees, taxes, etc, I couldn’t make any money that way.
                                                        It seems like the only online art sales are for those who want to work for $2/hour. :(

All of my sales there have been between 55.00-250.00 The small paintings take me about 40 minutes to do and are in acrylic, so the cost is minimal for me. They are field studies I do on location or are quick demos for students. Like any other site, some people are hobbyists who just want to say they sell and pay for their supplies, others of us want the exposure for our site where people will see our larger more expensive paintings. I have already had an inquiry for a larger painting from a DPW collector. Some of the work on DPW is outstanding and some less so, but the sales seem to be lively so I feel it is worth my investment on more than one level. The site averages around 8-9 thousand hits a day. I could never get that on my web site.
                                                        Love,
                                                        Linda

Linda Blondheim Art

CSForest

All of my sales there have been between 55.00-250.00 The small paintings take me about 40 minutes to do and are in acrylic, so the cost is minimal for me. They are field studies I do on location or are quick demos for students. Like any other site, some people are hobbyists who just want to say they sell and pay for their supplies, others of us want the exposure for our site where people will see our larger more expensive paintings. I have already had an inquiry for a larger painting from a DPW collector. Some of the work on DPW is outstanding and some less so, but the sales seem to be lively so I feel it is worth my investment on more than one level. The site averages around 8-9 thousand hits a day. I could never get that on my web site.
                                                            Love,
                                                            Linda

I wish I could paint that fast! I have a hard time not wanting to put in every minute detail and that takes hours for even a small painting. I need to learn to loosen up and do more studies. I was thinking I should do a series of studies anyway to get a feel for the market. I’d think it would be helpful to do a series of a particular animal set in different colors and backgrounds, for example. Put them all out there and see which gets the most attention. Then take the most popular and make a larger version. Do you do that? I never really bothered with studies much but I probably should.

Crista Forest
                                                            My Animal Art Sites

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.