Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air show your pochade box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    harson

harson

This is the box that i use most it holds 3 8×10 panels in the lid .
            I also have another two homemade ones for bigger panels .
            I am having probs with my pc today that is why i have given the details in this post .
            I will post pics of the other ones when pc starts behaving

Rene’

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]René PleinAir
                My website: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]www.René-beeldendkunstenaar.nl[/url]
                My weblog: [FONT="Courier New"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]René PleinAir.[/url]
                C&C Always welcome.[/I]

bnguffey

Two different easels…same creek. :)

Great thread- I love seeing everyone’s boxes and setup!

Here is my box, which I absolutely love. It’s 9 x 12 and holds 3 wet panels.

I don’t ever take this much paint out with me. :)

This past week I put an order in for the Belly River Alla Prima pochade…I’m so excited. It’s a little tiny box, perfect for taking anywhere. :D My current box is more for a day trip. In fact, I’m taking it out all day Monday.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

harson

Nice boxes eveyone it is always good to see others setups .
                        I was thinking about a belly river last year but the import tax ads a fair bit to the price to get one shipped to the uk

bnguffey

This was a great idea Harson. I’ve started a page on Facebook called Easels and Pochades to hopefully get people on there interested to show their pics.

Facebook page

De-lurking here. I paint in oils and pastels, here’s my EasyL last summer at Flagstaff.:D Jessica, your pochade box is made of beautiful wood, what brand is it?

Drusilla
                            Blog: http://drusillasart.blogspot.com
                            http://1-drusilla-montemayor.artistwebsites.com/
                            Life is short, back AWAY from the computer, get off yer butt and go PAINT!:evil:

Hi Drusilla,
                            My box is mohogany and plywood and weighs a little over 6 lbs…it was handmade by Rudy Lanzendorfer-to my understanding he used to make and sell the boxes years ago, but doesn’t anymore. I found it through one of those wonderful strokes of luck one night on ebay last year. Actually, I firmly believe me and my box were just meant to be. :D I absolutely love it.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                            Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

AH yes, the fortunate find on ebay! Making art out of a piece of art, wonderful!

Drusilla
                            Blog: http://drusillasart.blogspot.com
                            http://1-drusilla-montemayor.artistwebsites.com/
                            Life is short, back AWAY from the computer, get off yer butt and go PAINT!:evil:

Lemonhead

Great idea harson!! I love to see other peoples equipment/pochade boxes.
                                Here is mine I have had it for about 5 years, I couldn’t afford to buy one so I converted a cigar box. Its not very clean now ,these were taken when I had first built it. I will have to take an updated pic to post.

Jessica, I am envious, I have been wanting to try out an alla prima pochade box for some time now, please post some pics and tell us what you think about it

Keep posting,
                                Jeff

My Sketch Blog... Hair Pencils[/URL]
                                WC Plein-Air Gallery
                                Ebay Stuff

Anonymous

This is my Alla Prima Pochade Box. It’s the YellowStone version.

Anonymous

This was a great idea Harson. I’ve started a page on Facebook called Easels and Pochades to hopefully get people on there interested to show their pics.

[URL=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Easels-and-Pochades/256699092249?v=photos#/pages/Easels-and-Pochades/256699092249?v=wall&viewas=1587724337]Facebook page[/URL]

Thanks for the lead in… I just became a fan.

harson

LEMONHEAD that is a very nice box for a homemade one.
                                            mrking alla prima make some of the finest boxes on the market

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.