Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions jpgs unavailable to upload

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gribbey

Hi. I’m having trouble uploading jpgs. They are within the size range. The regular uploader, the little mountain icon, doesn’t recognize any of my pics, they are greyed out. I can put them in the attachment manager but get no preview in the post. I’m new to Mojave but I tried on the apple discussion site and my pics are available to upload there. Any ideas? I just want to pick them off the desktop. Used to work with my ancient system. Boo! Thanks! Libbey

C&C welcome
        "If you go out in the woods today, you're in for a big surprise!" Jimmy Kennedy

Jon

One thought: When you open the uploader box and browse for your photos, make sure you select “All files”.

Gribbey

Hi Jon, I don’t see any place to select ‘all files’. However, I have just found ‘media’ ‘photos’ which takes me to iPhoto albums etc and I can access the jpgs there. So, maybe that’s what I have to do. Two steps backward, but hey, it works. Thank you!

C&C welcome

~JMW~
                    Gribbey

Thanks, JMW! That’s where I started. Anyway, I’ll try again tomorrow, and read a bit more. Have a good evening.

C&C welcome

~JMW~

Might try a different browser –
                            https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

~Joy~

The uploader box historically defaults to GIF files, you have to select the All files option to see your jpg files.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Jon

Hi Jon, I don’t see any place to select ‘all files’. However, I have just found ‘media’ ‘photos’ which takes me to iPhoto albums etc and I can access the jpgs there. So, maybe that’s what I have to do. Two steps backward, but hey, it works. Thank you!

Doug has this image which may help you

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21507646&postcount=4

Thanks, Jon, I didn’t have it on my tablet.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Gribbey

Sorry, missed yesterday. Thanks Yorky and everybody. I don’t have anything but ‘cancel’ and ‘choose’ in the lower right corner of the equivalent ( I think) page. But here’s the curious thing- the file I uploaded and the other I chose but didn’t upload to the Mac Discussions forum are now available to upload here- just in the wetcanvas browser upload window and from the desktop. I think I mentioned that I have a new operating system- Mojave updated this week which is very likely the source of the problem?! So, in the meantime, I can use the photos in ‘photos’ and I’ll go back to Mac Discussions to ask again and then get back to you! Have a great day (whenever you are reading this :) Libbey

C&C welcome

Gribbey

Firefox works! Thanks JWM and everybody.

C&C welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.