Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #543: May 25 – June 2, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    BearStar

Scavenger Hunt #543: May 25 – June 2, 2018
        Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show…6#post21360136

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #543: May 25 – June 2, 2018

souvenir
        crown
        button
        frame
        furniture
        shelf
        stool/chair
        lamp
        pillow
        from the North
        from the South
        from the East
        from the West
        salt shaker
        pepper shaker
        spoon
        needle
        collectable
        vintage
        fabric
        wooden
        narrow
        wide
        tall
        short
        self

Sketch On!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]
        ~stephanie

stephanie, thanks for the list. Looks like items I can find around here. Here we go…..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

White Pen

Heya

Cool a new list is on :wave: . Thanks for that BearStar .

Sharping the pen.

Cheers WP

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Hi everyone…..thanks for the cool list Stephie

just sketched this at the coffeeshop today….

furniture (table)
            chair
            shelf
            wooden

Robin
            The mediator between head and hands must
            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

jmfletch

Robin – cool sketch. Missed you in last hunt.

Stephanie thanks for the list. Hope to get more done this hunt.

Keep sketching/creating
                Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Queenoftorts

Stephanie – nice list!

Robin – so whimsical! I love the way the purple kind of pops from the light green and black on the left

[FONT="Garamond"]Dawn

Eye

Robin: Such a great fun funky start…

Stephanie: Thanks for the list

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Stephanie – thanks for the new list!

Robin – mmm all those cake covers and all the yummy things under those covers … mmm… :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

moscatel

BearStar, thank you for doing this challenge!
                                Azul, excellent work! Curiously looking for all the details in your drawing.

Here are the first ones from me. Charcoal on average quality paper, size: miniature. Time:
                                #1 chair 30 min,
                                #2 souvenir 1 hour,
                                #3 lamp 30 min.

Now back to sharpening charcoals!

Robin, awww, love the colors and all the items and hatching. One of your fun sketches!

moscatel, I love your charcoal drawings. I see you are back to sharpening, I was wondering about the detail. My paper and myself would all be black and smudged! In Bolivia, the elephant was good luck .. if you were given one, bought one and stole one. So you always kept some little elephants out for your friends to make off with!

Maybe I will sketch this a.m. Long weekend but every weekend is long when you are retired….

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

White Pen

Heya

Az , Mt , gr8 start :wave: , Coffeshops sketching always gives a point of hot and short or long and creamy …:angel: :lol:

Like the cat sketch much look a bit like Escher-Style special the shadow work :) , the cat is a cat , good . If i ever like start drawing Schokohund she’s gone … she hate it , i don´t know…. or she don’t like the result i made…we will never know this is secrete …

No Challenge here , not much of time …as always

the list points done so far

souvenir
                                    crown
                                    button
                                    frame
                                    furniture missed , why ? i dont know , well i know ..designing this all week long i´m bored of..:evil:
                                    shelf
                                    stool/chair
                                    lamp
                                    pillow
                                    from the North
                                    from the South
                                    from the East
                                    from the West
                                    salt shaker
                                    pepper shaker
                                    spoon
                                    needle
                                    collectable
                                    vintage
                                    fabric
                                    wooden
                                    narrow
                                    wide
                                    tall
                                    short
                                    self

here the doddeling on A4 copy paper with Pilot Set i got sent over from Pilot Germany , so far digital now …

any comments welcome ..you want to ask , ask …:wave:

Cheers from a sunny warm Styria,Austria , looks Squash is going off season…

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

moscatel

White Pen, your drawing is amazing. I find it very interesting.

If i ever like start drawing Schokohund she’s gone … she hate it , i don´t know…. or she don’t like the result i made…we will never know this is secrete …

White Pen, you can always draw a cat on a chair like this, it won’t run away ;) :

moscatel

Jo, [/COLOR]that is interesting about Bolivia. I didn’t know there are elephants in Bolivia. My elephant came from the other side of the world[/COLOR], Sri Lanka[/COLOR]. [/COLOR]It’s wooden and painted as the photo above shows. The charcoals I use are Nitram and mostly B but I did use some HB over the B to get darker darks.[/COLOR]
                                            Ah, long weekends are good for sketching. My weekends feel long too. I want to use these Scavenger Hunt challenges to draw more even preferably on daily bases.
                                            [/COLOR]

White Pen

Heya

@Moscatel :lol: you got me 👍….

Love your set up. Line :thumbsup:

I do have thought your drawing of the cat is a living creature.

Well with fake dogs on chairs is not that much around here in my living place .
                                                But you gave me a idea Dogs on bike … 😀.

A bike is down the road now im on search of a fake dog …:eek:

And thanks for your nice comment.

Cheers WP …sipping on a Long Island Tea …

nguyen01

Stephanie :Thanks for the new lists. Large possibilities ! “from the East : ” good idea !
                                                    Azul : good drawings and colors ! You are faster than the light !
                                                    Moscatel: One two three !!! so nice ! I must practice more on charcoal !
                                                    Here are my #1 : pencil, format A4, 30 mn or so…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.