WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast

Satoshi Nakamoto

Satoshi Nakamoto is the anonymous founder of bitcoin. Only 21 million bitcoins can ever be mined of that 17 million are in circulation today - at a value of $10,000+ each. Satoshi Nakamoto - the mysterious father of bitcoin holds 980,000 coins - worth in excess of ONE TRILLION dollars.

This Sunday, Aug. 18, at 4 p.m. EDT on the Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance Holdings website Satoshi will reveal his real-life identity and divulge such facts as his country of origin, education, professional background, and why he has yet to move any of his 980,000 bitcoins.

So -- I thought I'd share a couple paintings I've made in the past - speculating on what Satoshi Nakamoto might look like...

24"x24" acrylic on hardboard

24"x36" acrylic on pegboard.

curious to see how far off I am. So what's your take on (potentially) the richest man every to exist on planet earth?

-bongo
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Satoshi Nakamoto

that pegboard should be on their site.

it's curious if they step up and out, isn't it? why now? are they (ah yes, they) dividing due to the cash/original split and need a clean slate for future negotiations p'raps?
if it's real and we can know, these are my lottery numbers: it's more than one, there's a swede or two as initiators (maybe even a finn in security hahaa); the usual suspects (bar Bezos&Musk) could all be in but not the actual Nakamoto. he might have consented to using his face, though. fun to speculate but let's see if something happens.

Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist. - Picasso
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from New Zealand

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 08:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

peg board wins my attention
for visual appeal and mystery of character/story

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 10:49 PM
A Local Legend
Pretoria

Hails from South Africa

Very nice paintings, but the real Nakamoto is probably some teenaged nerdoid.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:15 AM
A Local Legend
Joshua Tree, California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvds
Very nice paintings, but the real Nakamoto is probably some teenaged nerdoid.

That's probably close to true, but he wouldn't be so teenage anymore.

Love the pegboard painting.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2019, 11:11 AM
A Local Legend
Ĺrhus

Hails from Denmark

I've read it's just a marketing act put out by this Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance Holdings. Or you could call it performance art.

http://www.artallison.com/
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonR
I've read it's just a marketing act put out by this Satoshi Nakamoto Renaissance Holdings. Or you could call it performance art.
I haven't read that but it has definitely crossed my mind.

If it's a tongue in cheek marketing ploy I don't see an upside to it. Bitcoin has a scarry origin story for investors, and that I don't think would help matters. If it is real it's curious as Ronsu said - "why now?"

Also I haven't seen much in the way of news about it - seems like a massive story to me - effecting a significant slice of the world economy and the future of currency. Maybe they're waiting for the reveal - they don't want this to be another "Geraldo Rivera's Mystery of Al Capone's Vaults".

hey - thanks La.

-bongo
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Enthusiast

hola geraldo.
it's still interesting how the world functions these days. forbes reported on the uncertainty of crypto currency due to difficulties in facebook launching their own, libra. the tediously tarred text by the real satoshi referred to this non reveal action counteracting a threat from greed. that word comes up in the market indicator program tracking bitcoin fluctuations through digital life, this post being one such indicator. the measure unit in the program goes from "fear" to "greed". so what is a threat from greed - the fact that it's gaining distance? or facebook failing and rocking the entire boat? it's likely the latter, right? it's just so weird how the vocabulary hijacked the message because i read the forbes' article. the problem is not fake news, it's relativity and the amount of information. fakes and stunts are a logical consequence.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba...to-market/amp/

Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist. - Picasso
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

well said Ronsu -
After reading Satoshi's reveal and thinking about things further - I realized why basically nobody cares what Satoshi (real or imagined) has to say - in that bitcoin is out of his control - has a life of his own. The origin story is nice but inconsequential.
Also read that quantum computing will be the death knell for bitcoin baring some innovative fix.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2019, 10:21 AM
A Local Legend
Joshua Tree, California

Hails from United States

I once let a young artist pay me in bitcoin for a ton of art supplies I was selling on Craigslist. It was all he had, so I said, "sure, what they hey?" So now I have some I've been sitting on that's apparently gone up in value, but I wouldn't care either way.