Home Forums Explore Media Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials Don’t know where to put this question….so….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yaxchi

I am making tiny clay spikes and things, and I made a big mistake with many of them by varnishing with Damar. 6 months later they still smell horrible and stick to each other a bit. So I want to coat them with acrylic varnish to seal in the smell and stop them from sticking. Do you think it would work? I worry that the noxious smell would indicate a reactivity that might gather under the coat of plastic. What do you think? (PS, I suggest a thread for Varnishes and Finishes)

Welcome!
        Why not treat only one with acrylic varnish to see if it would work?

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Eraethil

I think you would be better off to remove the damar varnish. Maybe call the damar varnish manufacturer and get a recommendation. They may have good advice!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
            Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.