WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter 2 poses of about 15 minutes and other short ones.

I tried to do poses a little longer. I didn't take the time.
I think the first 2, the bigger ones took me 10 or 15 minutes each.

Tried to draw + large and without haste then
Curiously, I don't know if it is a mistaken impression, but I think that in doing so, the results may get worse, even in the proportions, I think I'm wrong about them a lot, maybe due to the lack of habit to draw bigger and think more, in the drawings posted in the previous days, in shorter ones or these smaller ones maybe I end up wrapping myself less in proportions.
If it is for abitutidine then it is enough for me to do even more of these,
if you think that it does not seem that it took us 15 minutes to draw (but 1) maybe I try to speed up, to make small ones especially or from 5 minutes, maybe I try to exercise again and learn better about figure before going back to longer poses.
Regardless of this doubt, in any case I wanted to go back to upload something, something more recent. I did this yesterday, the last video of croquis coffee.
Thank you very much for seeing it.
paper is A3
ps: but maybe it's ok so maybe they are drawings that I should do in 5 or 6 minutes but that requires me double and triple because I have this rhythm.
a lifetime has passed but I remember that it took me a lot to copy a single piece of a comic strip.
trying to draw lines at my best as well as not busting proportions has always taken my time.
Sorry for the photos.

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 11:00 AM
WC! Guide

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: 2 poses of about 15 minutes and other short ones.

Joe, I've taken the liberty of enhancing your image a little so people can see it better

You will find drawing larger wil improve your shapes in time. Be bold with your lines and dont be afraid of making mistakes. You are still improving but look back at the reference to see where the mistakes are and maybe correct them in a different colour. Look at the white or negative spaces too (the bits between the shapes).

Last edited by DavidHH : 07-31-2019 at 11:07 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 04:34 AM
Hawkesbury, west of Sydney

Hails from Australia
Re: 2 poses of about 15 minutes and other short ones.

Joe, to keep rising on the improvement level there has to be constant practice and it has to be dedicated... you are doing both and the results are coming ... let the drawings flow

Mac
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member

David
Thank you so much for having corrected the photo, I find this reference useful (now I save it) even for the next photos I will post.
Thank you very much also for the suggestions, they are useful, I will try with the corrections with the colors, I had not thought of it, so then I notice my most common mistakes to start correcting them,
negative forms.

Mac, thank you, so much, yes, I will continue to practice
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Surrey, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Joe I would recommend using a 2B or softer pencil rather than coloured pencils for line drawings. I don't follow that myself but try to use darker colours (purple, orange/brown and blue/green). The best pencil I find for photographing drawings is Faber-Castell's 9000 pencils. They are smudge less than other pencils so you can use a 4B to get a dark line with not excessive smudging.

Blog Gallery
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 03:22 AM
A Local Legend
Gretton

Hails from United Kingdom

Looking good. As Mac says it’s all about keepin’ on keepin’ on.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

thank you very much Harry, I will try to continue and continue then ,

Descartes
thank you very much, I will use pencils then,
Before then I will try the 9000 faber castell pencils, I have never tried them, good that they stain little. I have to look for them, thank you very much for information and advice

as a set for pencils more than 2 years ago I had taken a set of 24 derwent graphics even though before using them I continued a little bit with cheaper sets so I still have doubts considering them. last year to try I took some lumugraph pencils, stadler but I have only hb, and some very soft grades, now I find myself 7b and 8b, also 6b but butt.

since January I have used little pencils, I have not used them for the figures except for some
Derwent, another type however, Derwent Sketching Pencils, 4mm, time I had found a hb, 2b and 4b in a small kit with graphite sticks and a watercolor pencil that I had never used one and I was curious about,
I started using the pencils that I had tried just a little until then because maybe they were close to charcoal or they are round and easy to handle but above all because they are incredibly light (ditto for the colored ones), in January I slammed my right shoulder slightly but since then I felt a certain tiredness,
perhaps the normal graphite pencils are heavier for the type of material that composes them, normal graphite is perhaps heavier (even if they are less voluminous than the others but it is something that I probably did not notice before so not a difference so excessive ), even these colored ones are light but I believe that even the charcoals are light.

thank you all for seeing, for encouragingly and help, good Sunday
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: 2 poses of about 15 minutes and other short ones.

a few days ago I did these.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

last month trying to practice shading I made a pencil drawing.

I was undecided whether to publish it in the forum of figure because it is not a figure.
it's a hand so in the end I said, ok, the audience.

I know it's absurd (as I usually send photos where you can't see anything but here I think it's different)
the photos this time help me in the sense that they make it seem that shading is smoother, much better than it was up close so it seems right to tell you. used various degrees of pencil

I was forgetting to say that I drew from a photo.
photo taken on the internet
this photo

thanks for seeing

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2019, 05:33 AM
WC! Guide

Joe your skills improve every time and a hand is part of the figure We had some fun posting hands and feet a few months ago, I think you have done well on copying the hand and your figures are beginning to flow nicely.

I would suggest you make a new thread when you post new work, otherwise it can easily get lost.

As for your photography of the image, well, umm, er well What happened to those two lights you bought?
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Hi David, thank you for encouraging words and advice.
Then I will publish a few more posts, I was afraid of publishing too many when I was posting a single post for every croqui caffe video with my attempts even after one day.
Yes, I remember that post, Feetbruary, nice also the title, I made a reference but in March, this http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...4&postcount=25 was one of the first times I have written in the forum, however, a few weeks had passed since the previous publications. (that post had made me want digital design for some that had been posted, 3 years ago I was a bit in doubt, thinking above all that the expense was greater for a single supply)
With regards to the lamps you're right, the new one was anyway I used them again but often shifting the lighter one and doing that I ended up getting worse and worse,
but other thing that has worsened my photos and that on 2 different occasions in the last month I found a very small white insect on a sheet and then I was afraid not to discard immediately the sheet where I had drawn, to expose these too much around and in most parts of the house or room for fear of having an infestation or making it worse. I certainly worsened photos because I tried to speed up and I changed the area where I was doing them.

On insects I wanted to ask some advice on the forum but I didn't know what it is about, I don't know if it was actually a paper bug, or a moth or something, the problem and that I took this crap, I put all the albums over time
and I had also put about forty loose sheets of ream a3, but also boxes with pencils and various accessories all on a shelf in the same piece of furniture (and before trashing them, sometimes before taking pictures, even a couple of drawings made at a time)) , closed shelf, under open shelf I keep part of the books I have, even old books besides those on the drawing I have, in last drawer another scketchbook and possibly pens and other things by design.
In short, I put too many things in one place without separating them well (the loose or seperated loose paper), which I especially regretted especially not recovering the new Sckecbooko albums and drawing material, such as pencils, etc. (however this stuff at least partly in the boxes) or cards and I also hope album I hope scketchbook to be able to hold them without problems, in any case I must be + shrewd. separate better, more containers or folders, things I believe so, I then took a thing for some type of insects hoping it could also serve,) .

a warm greeting