WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:54 AM

Re: Landscape picture, unknown date

Thats interesting know, thanks for that bit of info Pitterpat4
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

When I learned cursive in grade school the capital "F" would be considered almost backwards to the printed capital "F". Capital "Q" was the oddest of all as it was like the number 2.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Immortalized
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada

Same here, Colin. FWIW, I came across a site detailing the transcription of th 1891 London Census; they have a number of samples with the initial letter F here:
http://www.census1891.com/hand-f.php
Cheers,
Chris
The primary palette: Attention, observation, memory, imagination, integration, execution
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2019, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS
When I learned cursive in grade school the capital "F" would be considered almost backwards to the printed capital "F". Capital "Q" was the oddest of all as it was like the number 2.

I remember one cursive F appearing close to the mirror image of the printed F but there was also a very rounded F shape. I thought I'd never forget those shapes! Because I'm a bit dyslexic it took more brain power for me to get those curves correct but I stopped using cursive about 30 years ago.

For the purpose of this thread, the F in the painting did seem similar to the one on the passport. But again, depending on the instrument the shapes may change dramatically. The "F" below is close to the one I was originally taught.

Sheila

-Helen Keller