WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pen and Ink
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles .......

Oh absolutely - I love quick sketches (just having a little fun!)
Sketching, looking, observing is the very best way to keep up the skills - so keep those lunch time marks coming!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Lord of the Arts

Re: An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles .......

A sketch of a fallen leaf done with my favourite sketching tool - a fountain pen.

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:11 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Nice one Mike ....... I've a garden full - want any more to draw?

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Lord of the Arts
Green heart of Austria

Hails from Austria

[email protected]

pedlars pen nice leaf give me a move for a fast tonight sketch

Hazelnut dry , A4 100 g/m2 paper, Blue Ink Pen 0,4

few minutes , autumn sketch ; from last year cut off branch of the backyards Hazelnut bush .

Cheers W.P.

C+C Always Welcomed
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Lord of the Arts

NO THANKS Maureen , yes I've got a garden full too , the neighbors must have wondered about my sanity as I sorted though a good few to find exactly the "right " one !
Very nice W.P. I especially like the blue ink.
Mike
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Greenville, SC

Hails from United States

Wow... go away for a week and, I have some catching up to do.

Quote:
Maureen
Lovely scribble! It's lively, energetic and I like the use of the line to explore shape and form!

Mike
Very nice, Wayne, the scribble hatching, is working its magic there.
We don't see enough of that technique here (or anywhere much) yet it does have its unique charms & character that I find very appealing.

toowoomba sketcher
Wayne, awesome scribble drawing, I remember in high school we did some blind drawing where we drew the school oval with a barrier between our paper and sight it kind of reminds me of this.

Balaji
Wayne...The scribble technique works very nicely in your sketch to bring out the form.

Comments based on this post from a week ago

Thank you everybody for your nice comments.
This is the second time I've tried this technique. The first time was a couple of years ago when I saw somebody doing one, while I was on a photo shoot, so I gave it a try. I don't know what happened to it, but I remember being surprised that it worked. About 2 weeks ago I saw this YouTube video and decided to give it another try. It's fun and I will be doing more of them.

Toowoomba sketcher a couple of months ago I saw something about doing a blind contour drawing, I think it was on WC, so I gave it a try too. It's an interesting exercise. This is the result. I'm sure it's obvious that it is a drawing of my left hand.

#67   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Wayne good job on the blind contour drawing, much better than I could do, course I can't stand doing them

Mike great job on the leaf, sometimes it just isn't possible to explain what pulls our interest.

White Pen like your hazel nut sketch. I also like the blue ink.

Not much sketching for me lately, I am working on a larger project, which while it does include ink is mainly colored pencil so I won't be posting it here, that said I did this quick sketch the other evening, a bookcase with a vase and some dried plant matter. One of my larger nibbed Technical pens in my sketchbook.

#68   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

I am so glad that I dropped in! I love, love, LOVE this thread! Blah, those sketches of your Mom were very touching!
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

I have been absent for far to long, exploring mediums, and gardening. Winter is setting in and I reach for my art supplies and find that no matter where I wander, I always come back to pen and ink. The last couple of days I have been drawing these draw squad characters. I try to do grown up stuff, but quiet honestly, this is what I love. I think that I keep trying different mediums so that perhaps I can do "grown-up stuff", but honestly, this what I love. I just do not know where to take it... or even if I should.

#70   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Lord of the Arts

Welcome back, Blooming! Nice whimsical drawings.

I think you should stick with pen and ink!
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 08:27 AM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman55
Welcome back, Blooming! Nice whimsical drawings.

I think you should stick with pen and ink!
I am SO happy to see you are still around Batman55! Thanks for the comment.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Fun drawings Blooming , whimsy has its place, and is in fact often more marketable than "serious" art. It can be used on note cards, t-shirts, cups etc. Esp if you develop some regular characters that appear in your work all the time, then there are comics or cartoons.

I sometimes wish I had more whimsy in my art, it is there sometimes but usually it is just out of reach. (sigh)
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Lord of the Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming
I try to do grown up stuff, but quiet honestly, this is what I love. I think that I keep trying different mediums so that perhaps I can do "grown-up stuff", but honestly, this what I love. I just do not know where to take it... or even if I should.

Absolutely no need to worry about it at all , keep it coming - one thing that I've learned about art is that you can ONLY do the stuff you love !
You've got to follow your passion in art (& life)

You don't know where to take it ? - Why not animate it ?
It isn't that hard nowadays & there's stacks of free tools & tutorials on the net.
Cheers Mike
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Away from this thread for a couple of days and now have to catch up - great to see added work

W.P. lovely blue hazelnut - it's very effective.

Wayne - blind-contour drawing is tricky but fun - I did recognise hand parts though!
Check out Betty Edwards book 'Drawing on the Right side of the Brain' - it's good

Kathy - nice little quick observation there

Blooming - good to have you back and I love these little whimsies! I think they're rather clever (and very grown up!) .. I wish I was capable of drawing this type of art.
Kathy is right, it's very adaptable for the commercial market. ... have a look at RedBubble.com.
If WC had fixed the system we used to have, we could have been making and selling our stuff from here!

**My SAA website**
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

Thank you for your kind comments and encouragement Katwalk, Peddlars Pen, and Charlie's Mum! I was scared to post them, but the validation has felt good, and you each had some great ideas. It has my mind percolating, especially after looking at RedBubble. Thanks Maureen!

This thread was a great idea! I hope people continue to post their sketches, I so love looking at them! It take the intimidation factor out of the equation for some of us who do not do larger works, and those who do larger works help us when they share their processes and insight.