WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Lord of the Arts
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Happy hump day to all. I went out this morning to check on something and saw the sun shining nicely on some Day Lilies. Went back for my camera to snap a couple of shots.

As I was composing a shot, I saw this, hanging on for dear life. A mere shell of its former self.

Taken with Nikon Z6 and 24-70 f/4 lens.
Nikon Z 6, D500, and D7000. Nikkor 28-300, 16-80, 35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/4 S, 14-30mm f/4 S, Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 and 150-600mm f5-6.3, YN468-II Speedlite, Adobe Lightroom CC Classis and 6, Adobe Elements 14, Adobe Photoshop CC, Topaz suite.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Don, the sunlight sure created some rich, pure colors that you and your Z6 captured so well.

Well, I don't have a floral (imagine that!) at the moment, so here's a very small (around 1/2 inch or 0.6cm) ladybug I somehow spotted...

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm shot @ 300mm, manual mode, 1/1250 sec, f/6.3, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Hi to those who follow.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
North Vancouver, B C, Canada

Hails from Canada

Very good images from both of you. Keep with them.

My illustration is terrible I know. One good thing to come from it is - it is done in ALL AUTO in terrible light and in a dark area. I put it in CURVES TOOL and worked with the Grey Box and Value 11 in CURRVES on the on the scale at the Bottom of the Card Scale. That did help me to stay dark and not have the dark areas wipe out my image in the bright areas.

Last edited by Cameraman : 07-17-2019 at 10:33 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Good day DON, DAVE and NORM.

Don,
Thanks for starting the Wednesday daily. Those are really fine images, so clear and colorful. As I was catching up with the threads that I missed while I was away this past weekend, I read about your recent honors for your photographic skills.

Quote:
I did have some exciting news this week though. I was notified that one of my images is going to be used in an upcoming book called "Mastering the Nikon Z6". And another image was again chosen as an Editor's Choice on the Nikonians.org site. I feel pretty lucky and honored.

OMG, you are going to be in a book for the NIKON Z6! That is a wowsers, do they mention anything about getting a free book out of the deal? And I shall have to visit the NIKONIANS.org site. Is that a public domain? Have you posted the photo here in WC, the ones that were chosen for these honors? Good for you, Don, I am very happy for you.

Dave, I like that spot of orange in your photo. Good find, good capture, thanks for sharing.

Norm, I am glad that you enjoy experimenting with your camera and computer. I feel like you are a patient man and love to tinker.

Here's one from a visit to the Amish farm this past weekend. I did not zoom in on this horse. I was just standing there and this horse came walking up to me and got in my face. I ended up stepping back because it surprised me so much. My daughter was laughing when she saw what happened.

Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 12:27 PM

Hails from Canada

Excellent image of the horse, Lorell. Those horses are a friendly group coming that close.
I do have good patience - and has been said before - I am a notorious tinkerer. But that is who I am - a button presser and a slider mover.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 05:20 PM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Fun photo, Lorell. I'm guessing (and hoping) we'll see more from this trip to Amish country.

Hi Norm. I'm with Lorell about your patience - I admire you for having that quality in abundance.

BTW, the tiny ladybug in my photo stayed right there for about 30 hours; not sure why, and it surprised me.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 06:09 PM

Hails from Canada

My thanks for the kind words, Dave. They are much appreciated.

Here is another example of my tinkering. I set my two cards up and set to work to find a setting I could use with flash - up close - and no flash light reduction - no less.. I found a Value on the bottom Row - Value 10 - to bring in this accuracy. This is done in Program Mode - and worked up in LEVELS - all settings at AUTO.

Last edited by Cameraman : 07-17-2019 at 06:43 PM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Lord of the Arts
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States

Hi again all. I'm about ready to call it a night. DW's visit today to the nurse went well. She has the dressing off now and can actually walk some without the crutches. Should be off of them entirely by the weekend! I'm even thinking about taking a little jaunt Sunday up to some wetlands to photograph dragonflies (and other stuff) with some other GNPA folks. Still haven't decided on that though. It is going to be hard to leave her by herself, even though I know she will be fine. She is urging me to go... maybe needs some time away from me since I have been hovering over her since the surgery.

Quote:
That is a wowsers, do they mention anything about getting a free book out of the deal?

Yes, I am supposed to get one physical book and a couple of electronic versions, plus of course full photo credit. I had to provide all metadata and a brief description of why and how I took the photo. Should be an interesting book.
Nikon Z 6, D500, and D7000. Nikkor 28-300, 16-80, 35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/4 S, 14-30mm f/4 S, Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 and 150-600mm f5-6.3, YN468-II Speedlite, Adobe Lightroom CC Classis and 6, Adobe Elements 14, Adobe Photoshop CC, Topaz suite.