Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Final sessions of the decade

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Two more sessions for 2019. These two drawings are 10 minutes. The one on the left show the proportional errors I keep doing: body too short and legs too long.

One 10 minute and one 20 minute pose (the one on our left).

Long pose, just under one hour.

The model for the last session is several months pregnant. Hopefully that is evident in the drawings/painting. First a couple of 5 minute poses.

Just under three hours acrylic.

Final one hour.

Many thanks for looking and wishing everyone all the best in the new year. :wave:

Nathan.
    C&C always appreciated.
    My art on Instagram

Proportional errors are common in quick gestures. I guess it becomes more frustrating if they don’t get corrected in a long pose.
    Still very good drawings, as the poses are captured well. If you reference them in a different piece you will obviously correct since you are aware.
    Happy New year to you.

ArtistOz

Nathan I think working from life gives you a mental advantage over working from reference, you have to make quick decisions and get good at it where as I’m finding I’m making more and more mistakes and have to rework and rework the drawings. I suppose we would love unlimited time in front of models.

You are getting good results under pressure. Best wishes for the New Year.

Bill,
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
        Instagram, billwperry

Nothing wrong with long legs Nathan and no one would have known if you hadn’t told us ;) I hope your pregnant lady continues to model over the next few months, there is real beauty in the way the shape develops. Another fine set, im always amazed at your short poses :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

joe1It

these are also very beautiful works,yes, they don’t seem to be done in such a short time and you didn’t even notice knowing the inaccuracies you were saying, these works were really beautiful and in such a short time.
            best wishes happy holidays to all.

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Patrick, Bill, David and Joe: many thanks to you all.

Nathan.
            C&C always appreciated.
            My art on Instagram

123harry

All quality stuff as usual. I like the long pose of the first session which has come out really well. Also the multiple pose sheet. The acrylic with its blue tone and rather severe pose does grab the attention.
                All the best for Christmas Nathan……and the next decade!

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

llawrence

body too short and legs too long.

I do that sometimes too, but the opposite is much more common with me. For some reason my brain wants to stretch the torso unreasonably.

This is a great set, thanks for posting!

Thanks Harry. Here’s looking onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

LLawrence thanks. I think I started drawing short legs because with being close to the model and standing to draw there was an amount of foreshortening happening. However, I now over compensate and end up going too far. Best wishes for the new year.

Nathan.
                    C&C always appreciated.
                    My art on Instagram

arl

Wonderful capture of poses.

Arlene - C & C always appreciated
                        instagram.com/ababadart

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.