Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jimwhalen

I’m trying to do a painting a day. Here’s today’s quickie. There’s a bit of a glare in the upper right hand corner.
        Acrylic on canvas 11″ x 14″

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com

Loving your perfect patchwork design, Jim, just the right touches throughout.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

jimwhalen

thanks, Kay. It’s a terrible picture…quite difficult to photograph a good likeness because of the heavy texture, I guess.

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
            jimwhalen

I rephotographed it.

laf.art

Ooh soo pretty and instantly made me think of spring

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                    Instagram laf.abstracts

trufflecat

Very pleasing colors and textures!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                        cmallav

Pretty in pink! Like it!

Laurelwood

I just love the color palette and those beautiful textures 😍

Katie Black

Lovely delicate colours make this very appealing.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Ohiohawk97

Love the colorful energy and depth in this one! Fun to look at.

Wes

Greggo

I cannot conceive the steps to create this..
                                            and that mystery makes it appeal to me.
                                            I am not an artist who automatically looks at a painting and thinks
                                            “Oh, I could do that!”
                                            I am the guy who looks on in wonder and am glad this was shown here so I could just admire it.
                                            This is quite original and cheerful
                                            like Spring, as was mentioned.

Thanks fer sharin’ dis wid us

greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

jimwhalen

This was a fun piece to paint…small, with no specific expectations, just playing.
                                                Thanks for your looks and comments…I guess I’m still thinking of spring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.