Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Aaron Schuerr is probably my all-time favorite pastel landscape artist…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jay-bird77

I liked this painting so much as soon as I saw it I wanted to try to replicate it for practice! I’m not trying to sell my attempt it’s solely for learning purposes. I’m liking it so far but I’m not sure the colors or the order in which I’m laying them that makes me think it’s not gonna”read”correctly!?
        Any and all comments and suggestions welcome. It’s 8″1/4″×8″1/4″On U-Art 400 using Rembrandt artist pastels and Mount Vision along with some ArtSpectrum artist pastels. Did the line drawing in hard vine charcoal from Winsor&Newton.
        Oh yeah and it’s not yet finished I’ll post when it’s done.

This is another painting I duplicated when I first started painting…

"There is something wonderful about the tactical feeling of a pencil or crayon being dragged across a receptive surface!"

a quote from talented artist...
        ~John Husley~

Ohiohawk97

The mid ground and back is reading beautifully John. Once you add the details in the foreground, I am sure it will be fantastic. The second one looks nice as well from what I can see with it sideways.

Wes

kentiessen

Aaron is not only a great Pastelist, but now branching into Oils and a really great guy. His talents include rock climbing, acting, and authoring many insightful articles about the art journey!

Here is your image in it’s correct orientation:

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Jay-bird77

I actually knew of his creative endeavours from a article in a past issue of either Artist’s Magazine or Artist Network TV download I had bought or the Pastel Journal. I remember because I remembered thinking I wish I had enough creative outlets and a greater intelligence about painting and all kinds of different artistic expression as it seems he has it just pouring out if him!! But that’s just my interpretation of his character. The image above was framed under glass when I took this picture see the glares from the lights?

"There is something wonderful about the tactical feeling of a pencil or crayon being dragged across a receptive surface!"

~John Husley~

Jay-bird77

Thank you ,and I have a question,ok do you see that at the end of some people’s profile here on WC they attach favorite quotes from other artist’s? Well I really fell in love with the quote at the end of my profile and I’m giving credit to the person who’s quote it was. His name is John Hussley I hope I spelled it right? So that said my name is Jayson. Lol I tried to tread lightly with the way I worded my correction because often when typing…the other person thinks that the other person was being impolite and and snobby. When they were actually being sincere. Does that make sense to you I apologise for over explaining that it’s just how I am .No big deal really….

~John Husley~

Jay-bird77

How should I change it to read correctly? Help because all who comment are calling me john thank you!

~John Husley~

Jay-bird77

Another stage done so im at that middle ground snow bank on the far side of the meandering,slushie and cold river as far as details go anyways.

~John Husley~

Arnie

Coming along nicely. Lovely depth and freshness. I would agree with Husley’s quote – you cant beat the feeling of pastels.
                                    Arnie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.