WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM
PA

Hails from United States
Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ January/February 2020

Happy New Year!! I have no idea where 2019 went. It was a complete blur for me. There was so much going on. And art dropped off of the activity list in the second half of the year. I just couldn't keep all the balls in the air. But I'm really feeling the need to make some room for it in my life again. I'm not one for resolutions really, but I do like to have some general goals for the year. Updating a very outdated website and launching my Etsy shop are top on my list. Right behind getting a paintbrush in my hand again!
What are your goals for the coming year?

Save
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Re: Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ January 2020

We are having the most amazing weather, it feels more like spring than winter, I have not yet made any new year's resolutions. There is still time!
Vena
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Las Vegas, Nv

Hails from Cuba

One of many goals of 2020 beside doing more pencil drawing graphite and cp is to travel the world. It sounds wonderful to say that "travel the world" I always wanted to do that, but life got in the way. Now I'm going to be 82 next month and I am using Wikipedia and Google maps to travel the world, learn about the country the sites to visit, etc. And I just started with Spain which is my ancestors country of origin.
Gardening to grow my own salad bowl and that's it.
Hope everybody will have the best year ever.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2020, 10:27 PM
PA

Hails from United States

That is fantastic! When I was still teaching, one year for our morning group once a week, we traveled across the country. We'd 'travel' to a different state each week. I researched each state and put together a power point with highlights and attractions which were popular or interesting in each state. I'd include facts, tourist attractions, regional foods, video clips. It was so much fun and the kids loved it. But it took a loooooot of time. Totally worth it, though. Enjoy your world travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulop
One of many goals of 2020 beside doing more pencil drawing graphite and cp is to travel the world. It sounds wonderful to say that "travel the world" I always wanted to do that, but life got in the way. Now I'm going to be 82 next month and I am using Wikipedia and Google maps to travel the world, learn about the country the sites to visit, etc. And I just started with Spain which is my ancestors country of origin.
Gardening to grow my own salad bowl and that's it.
Hope everybody will have the best year ever.

Save
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2020, 11:52 AM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

We went shopping for good boots yesterday while bracing for an incoming ice storm after 2 days of rain. A thin coat of snow now, but I wouldn't venture out to try the feel of the boots yet!

Toronto was kept pretty safe, except lots of water on the side of the roads where the fall leaf pile ups were blocking the flow of the water.

Some areas in Ontario were hit badly by the storm, and I'll try to post a photo I found online... IMPORTANT: I didn't take it, but a great photographer did!!! Sorry I didn't get her name... Something like @annot_

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2020, 03:43 PM
PA

Hails from United States

Images of the world encased in ice always amaze me. I live in a heavily wooded area. Ice storms make my world looked like someone poured hot glass that hardened on everything. As long as we keep power and no trees fall on my house, it makes my heart happy to see. Haha!

Save
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2020, 03:26 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada
Re: Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ January/February 2020

Hi Elaine...

I wanted to post on February 14, but there wasn't a thread started for the month, so I did, and posted a few more times until the 21st. Are you going to delete it?

Great to "see" you around again...

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke