Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom ~ Buckets In The Bush ~

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Irishwhistler

[ATTACH]871250[/ATTACH]
        ~ Buckets In The Bush ~ I captured this shot of sap buckets in a sugarbush just north of my home this afternoon.

C & C always welcomed.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Anonymous

This is a winner, especially the composition.
            As for CC’s, It is a bit hard to get an accurate read in a small image. The shallow depth of field leaves the big pail a little soft, but I think it works okay in this case. Everything leads down towards the 2 overlapping pails and then the angled tree makes the eye return to the larger pail.
            If anything the larger pail could use a small bump in clarity and sharpening – but not the whole image. It is still a winner.
            Jealous. Our sugar bush is still buried under snow. Whereabouts is your sugarbush?

Irishwhistler

This is a winner, especially the composition.
                As for CC’s, It is a bit hard to get an accurate read in a small image. The shallow depth of field leaves the big pail a little soft, but I think it works okay in this case. Everything leads down towards the 2 overlapping pails and then the angled tree makes the eye return to the larger pail.
                If anything the larger pail could use a small bump in clarity and sharpening – but not the whole image. It is still a winner.
                Jealous. Our sugar bush is still buried under snow. Whereabouts is your sugarbush?

Grant,
                Thanks much for your C & C. No snow here in Connecticut.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

This is a real cool shot and a great find.

I am sure that you took many shots of this composition before you settled on this one. And I like it a lot especially with the blurred foreground that also creates a frame.

The eye cancels the first blurred bucket because it is not in focus and then goes to the next because it is in focus and also appears to be good and bright. I wouldn’t change any of that, especially with the last two pails being as clear as the 2nd pail that I feel is the POI. However, what I would do is slightly, and I mean very slightly, darken the last two pails so that they are not drawing as much attention as pail #2.

Do, I know what I am talking about? Probably not, it is just an idea and thinking how I would paint the scene with a brush.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Irishwhistler

This is a real cool shot and a great find.

I am sure that you took many shots of this composition before you settled on this one. And I like it a lot especially with the blurred foreground that also creates a frame.

The eye cancels the first blurred bucket because it is not in focus and then goes to the next because it is in focus and also appears to be good and bright. I wouldn’t change any of that, especially with the last two pails being as clear as the 2nd pail that I feel is the POI. However, what I would do is slightly,[U] and I mean very slightly,[/U] darken the last two pails so that they are not drawing as much attention as pail #2.

Do, I know what I am talking about? Probably not, it is just an idea and thinking how I would paint the scene with a brush.

Thanks for your thoughts Lorell.:thumbsup:

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.