Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Golden Bough

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nosnam

I am preparing a submission of paintings from a new series i am working on. It would be very much appreciated it you would offer some cc on this painting. Thanks!

Artchrispy

This is really beautiful. I love the harder lines in rocks and mountains up against the more natural depiction of the tree. The color and atmosphere looks great. The only minor issue is the tree branch on the right seems to have a gap that makes it appear to float.

Christophervasil.com

nosnam

Thank you so much for pointing out the floating limb. I will make a correction.

DMSS

I read that limb as pointing away from the viewer. Good painting. I like the colors and line work on the rocks, both background and foreground.

--David

nosnam

You are right, it is pointing away from the branch. Maybe it would read better if I tapered the broken branch a little more.
                        Thanks so much.

oldnmartist

I do not think the mist adds to the painting. Just my opinion, maybe others disagree.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

I like your style! …. seems a mix of realism and abstract forms …. makes for lovely pattern work!
                            Colour complements work well ….. yes, I do like this, a lot!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

You have a very nice style.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                            Every painting is a new adventure.

Very beautiful. Nice inviting palette of warm golds and the cooler blues. Reminds me very much of the arbutus trees we have around here that have a very nice red-gold colouring, twisted shapes and keep their leaves during the year. You have evoked that type of seaside scene very well.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

jocko500

wonderful
                                like a dream

ideas is like the stars in Heaven, just grab one and hang on and if it do not work out grab another one:)

nosnam

A huge thank you to all of you for having a look at my painting and taking the time to make such thoughtful and helpful comments.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.