Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art Project Discussion: Watercolor ATC Trade 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,218 total)
  • Author
    Ellen E

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Watercolor ATC Trade 2018
        Project Leader: Ellen E
        Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
        Type Restrictions: Painting
        Medium: Watercolor paints
        Subject: Not Applicable
        Days open for signups: 30
        Maximum participants allowed: 12

Description:

This is a TRADING PROJECT, please DO NOT JOIN UNLESS YOU CAN COMPLETE THE TRADES.

For this project you will be required to create and mail an original card for each participant. For instance if twelve people join then you will need to make eleven cards and mail them to the other participants. I know it sounds like a lot but it is great practice and it’s nice to get actual mail from around the world. You will have two months after the twenty day sign up to do your cards. All cards should be sent by September 15th.

The theme of this trade is to use watercolors.

All cards should be ATC size (2.5 inches by 3.5 inches).

We are also limiting the number of participants to keep postal costs down, so join in quickly!

Before mailing your cards, remember to scan or photograph them. Please do not put the image into the forum until you have received a pm saying they’ve been received, that way it’s a nice surprise.

Please always remember to message people when you receive a card from them. And please spread the love and take the time to comment in the forums.

Please send the host your address via pm when you sign up. All addresses must be in by the end of the sign up period.

Enjoy!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get “pushed down” by a swarm of project-related threads.

How to join.

Click on the project link here.

Click on sign up link under the project options. And it’s that easy! :)

Note: I can’t remove people from projects so if you signup accidentally, please let me know so I can pm you a how to on removing yourself, thank you.

How to add images to projects.

To put your images in the project gallery you go to the project page by clicking this link.

Then you go to “upload your final images”.

Click on that and you get this page.

On #1, look through the drop down menu for the “Watercolor ATC Trade 2018” project
        * Note: the example shows another project but simply scroll through them till you come to the right one
        On #2, click browse and find the photo on your computer
        On #3 Press upload when #2 is done and voila, it’s in the gallery.

Note: the long description never shows up in the gallery anymore, so I personally don’t bother filling that part out.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Thank you for starting this project! It’s a perfect summertime pastime, I’m in. :)

For those who haven’t met me before, I’m Virginia. I’ve been painting and drawing since I was little, though I did take a long break and came back about fifteen years ago.

I also like to embroidery, crochet, garden, cook, read and fair warning, I’m one of those annoying people who get up at 4am to exercise. :D

Looking forward to trading with everyone.

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Ellen E

Welcome to the project, Virginia! I’m so excited that we’re having this exchange. I’m in, too, of course. :)

We’ve got it covered 24/7 then, Virginia. I usually don’t go to sleep till about 4am, so I do the night watch. lol Exercise? How do you spell that? My exercise is mostly all mental. I used to be really active but then my inflammatory system decided to try to kill me and started from the bottom up. I use a walker because I fall down often, but I never hurt myself. I just guess I learned how to fall right, or else the fact that I’m short so I don’t have far to fall saves me injury. The other night I stepped on my own toe—-but the toe was on the same foot I stepped down with. Now my big toe on my left foot is kind of black, but it’s not broken.

Sooooo—-I thought starting a card exchange would be fun. I can’t hurt myself by just doing an exchange, right? We’ll soon see.

I’m so excited about the exchange that I painted one of the cards before I went to sleep last night. I’m so looking forward to this. :)

Ellen E

To let you know a little more about me, I’m a great-grandmother. I live in Washington, but I was born and raised and lived most of my life in Oregon. My father’s family was a pioneer family to the upper McKenzie River area there, so my roots are deep there. My great-grandparents settled that area before Oregon was a state.

I’m new to watercolors. I painted with oils many years ago but now watercolor is my passion and it’s better suited to my life. It’s easy to carry out on location, easy to clean up after, and probably one of the least expensive to get started with. It’s been more difficult for me to get the hang of, but finally I’m starting to get better at it.

I also love doing bead work. It’s been on the back burner ever since I got into doing watercolors but I’m sure I’ll get back to it after awhile. I use a bead loom and also do bead embroidery with size 15 and 11 seed beads.

I’m excited to see people signing up for this project. I hope we’ll all have a great time. Feel free to use this thread to chit-chat as we go along, tell us about yourself, and/or ask any questions you might have.

I’ve always wanted to visit Washington. It looks so beautiful!

It’s funny, I read a lot of mysteries and Washington seems to be on of the popular locales for them.

Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Ellen E

Washington really is very beautiful. Oregon is very beautiful, too, but I almost think Washington is even more so. Tacoma, where I live, is right on Puget Sound and the water isn’t very far from here. If I were able to walk a ways like I used to, I could easily walk down to the water from here.

Oregon and Washington both have miles and miles and miles of rain forest and wilderness areas. They’re really beautiful areas. I think it’s more like Hawaii here than in most of the other states. And there are high desert areas, ocean front, and then areas where crops are grown for many acres on farmlands. We have it all, I guess.

It’s lovely here, I live by the Mississippi River but we’re having a heat wave right now. It’s so humid, my glasses fogged up when I went outside!

We went to lunch today and a couple Elvis impersonators came in and then more and more came in. It was so funny!

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

Hi Ellen, I see you’re starting a new project for June. Just saw this and I like these projects and would like to participate. I would like to know the subject for this exchange or can we paint anything we like? We’ve had these ATC trades before and have enjoyed them especially at Christmas time. So if it’s any subject for this exchange, then that would be fun.

LIL

Ellen E

Hi Ellen, I see you’re starting a new project for June. Just saw this and I like these projects and would like to participate. I would like to know the subject for this exchange or can we paint anything we like? We’ve had these ATC trades before and have enjoyed them especially at Christmas time. So if it’s any subject for this exchange, then that would be fun.

Welcome to the project! I’m glad to see you’ve signed up. :)

This is my first exchange so I just chose a general theme so that an artist can paint any subject they like. I’m in the process of learning watercolor so that’s the medium I chose. So far I’ve been just painting simple landscape or seascape scenes on these teeny, tiny little works.

I love to exchange things with new friends I make online. It’s so interesting and so rewarding to see something that people make who are all around the world. I’m very excited about this project. I’ve already made three little paintings for this project that I hope people will enjoy.

Ellen E

It’s lovely here, I live by the Mississippi River but we’re having a heat wave right now. It’s so humid, my glasses fogged up when I went outside!

We went to lunch today and a couple Elvis impersonators came in and then more and more came in. It was so funny!

Oh my gosh, that really would be funny to see all the Elvis impersonators. I was just watching a documentary on Graceland a couple of nights ago. I remember so well the day he died. I was sitting in the back of a Jeep pickup truck surrounded by a herd of cattle listening to music when the news of his death was announced. It sticks in my mind like it happened just yesterday,

My son and his sweetie eloped to Las Vegas last month to get married and right now my cousin and his new wife are in Las Vegas just for a holiday. I’m sure they’ve all seen lots of Elvis impersonators while there.

Ellen E

I’ve been making little watercolor paintings for a couple of days now. It’s very rewarding and interesting.

For those participating in this exchange, we’re not going to reveal our paintings till the project ends and everyone has a chance to show and comment on the works they’ve received so be sure to keep your tiny masterpieces hidden till the reveal time. Surprises are always so much fun that we don’t want to spoil them by revealing them too soon.

I’ve not ever done one of the projects so this will be a first go. So it is watercolor, my favorite medium, ATC size, any subject and mailed by Sept. 15. Thanks for doing this, Ellen, should be fun!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Ellen E

Thank you and Artsymom for joining in, K. :) There’s a link where you click on it to join in so let me see if I can go find the link for you. That way your names will be on the list.

I’m so excited about this that I’ve been painting on the little miniatures already. I’ve got five done that might end up being in the running so far unless I can make even better ones before the challenge is over. I also have several done that I wouldn’t want anyone to see. :lol: It’s so easy to just make one wrong move with the brush and wipe out the whole painting. I’ve decided to make some of them scenes from around Puget Sound where I live. I had a pretty little scene painted of some killer whales in the sound, but then my little dog decided to trot past, bumped my arm, and there it went—-gotta start over on that one.

Here’s the link Virginia made for how to join:

PaintBoss

:wave: Hi everyone- to the new folks and those I have traded with before.:)
                                        I thought I would give this a try. Never painted ATC’s before. Look forward to seeing these little paintings and chatting with you all. :cat:
                                        *For some reason all I can envision are little Elvis’s girating on my cards!*:lol:

~Christine
                                        🇨🇦

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,218 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.