Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, February 6, 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello friends,
    Th waves are really kicking up out here. It is beautiful to behold the white caps and thunderous sound but tough on the hairdos .

Hope you are having good day.
    Till later , Lorell.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

fun signs

saw this view while walking home the other evening

damar

Cute signs Lorell!
            Thanks for starting the Daily!
            We had heavy rains all night and
            then this morning a Tornado warning so we had coffee
            downstairs (finished basement)
            All clear, but more rain coming.
            Flash Flood warnings already posted.
            We are not in a flood hazard area.

Hi Mary!
            Great view of night lights!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021
            Anonymous

Lorell,
                Yesterday you asked about my new Avatar. First, you noticed just 6 short hours after I changed it. Amazing!
                Answer.
                I wanted to remove my aging face from public display. I am an Aquarius, yesterday was my day, so I changed it.
                The duck is something everyone can relate to. I just won’t call him Donald as that name has fallen from my favour.

damar

My Azalias

Photos are ©2021
                    maryinasia

Beautiful!

damar

Thanks Mary!
                            Good to see you!

Photos are ©2021
                            Anonymous

Mary I like the image. Curious where is it. Your handle is “Mary In Asia”. If that is a hint then whereabouts?
                                Hope you are safe from the virus.

Anonymous

Patty,
                                    Those are bright Azalias. You must be out of the snow belt.
                                    Lorell,
                                    Also in warm land. I am green with envy. Or maybe white with frost bite. Actually I am okay, but it will be months before the ice cube which is my pool will be ready to swim in.

Hi again.
                                    My computer broke, well sort of broke, couple about four days ago. It couldn’t connect to the internet wirelessly (wow, what a tongue twister). I was going to try to live without the wireless until I got home and used the extended warranty service that I paid extra for when I bought the computer. But I do all my work with my photo on the laptop, save them all to there, had been using a flash drive to copy and paste them to the flash drove then take that over to the Surface Pro, upload, then send them….and it is only the first week of our vacation. I am just tired from typing it.

So, we found a computer repair place just off the island and all it needed was the internet driver software to be updated or reinstalled. Yippee, I am good again and it was cheaper than “breakfast for two” around here! I am so glad that it wasn’t a hardware repair or wait to send it off to get repaired when we got back to Michigan.

So, all is looking good again and so are your pictures.
                                    Mary, great view from up high. Nicely captured and something different.

Are those Azalais from your garden now? If so, Oh my goodness, that is early isn’t it? Beautiful color contrast. We just tore out our azalai bush when we had the front of our house relandscaped this past summer.

Grant, RE: your new icon…you look a lot younger this picture. :lol:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Hi Lorell,
                                        Glad you were able to resolve your internet issues!
                                        I have yet to try posting photos from my ipad or iphone.

The azalea photos is from my archives. Its too soon for them yet.
                                        I had a big space in the front planter area so we planted about 6 of them.

Still raining here with intermittent thunderstorms.
                                        We had 3.8 inches of rain since last night to mid morning.

Photos are ©2021
                                        maryinasia

Lorell, glad your computer fix was easy!

Thanks for the nice comments, ya’ll!

I no longer live in the country where the coronavirus has spread the most, but I’m sad for what my friends there are facing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.