WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2019, 06:06 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time December 2019

Lena, the morning pages is not sacred. If it works better for you to do the journaling at the end of the day, set aside time at night when you are winding down to do the journaling. I can see if you aren't a morning person how difficult it would be. I happen to be a morning person so doing the journaling in the morning works for me. However, if I still had a job to get to every morning, it wouldn't be happening. Yay, for having everything ready. Have a joyous celebration.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Actually it was easier when I was working. I knew where I had to be at a given time, even if it was just the desk under my loft bed lol. Lack of routine and assigned time frame is my problem. Since I don't know when she needs me to go somewhere mean I do nothing because I am waiting.

Christmas went ok. The food was good and the plumbing repair held and the dishes got done. Christmas eve is not when you want to find a leak. I will get a plumber in in the new year to fix the issue. The basement kitchen outflow pipe leaks at the back flow thingy when the upstairs sink or dishwasher emptied. Much goop was put around it...

My son-in-law was feeling much better. With the MRI showing no spine damage he is now getting physio and is no longer afraid to move in case he does more damage. It is a very big relief and mood booster for them. (and me)
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 05:40 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, I empathize with the no schedule thing and waiting for someone to need you. Wish you the best finding a way to work on your creativity. Glad your Christmas went ok. So glad to hear about your son-in-law. Can you negotiate with your sister? Let her know you are available from this time to that time and then it'll have to wait till tomorrow? Not sure of the nature of her health issues and your relationship so maybe bad advice. Sending you virtual hugs.

It's a relief Christmas is over now. With the work DH does, if he's off for any given holiday is up to his current schedule. Because of his night shift it gets odd sometimes. Like Christmas morning he comes home, we sleep, then get up it's still Christmas day. Anyway, now to get thru New Year's and things can settle down again, sort of.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Interestingly enough it is one of the things the new book deals with, lack of schedule.

Her health issues are mostly migraines and IBS. Which is why schedules are hard. And our interests are different so the outings are boring for me. I am not a mall shopper.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2019, 06:48 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, it's amazing how different sisters can be. Sounds like me and my sister. Couldn't find two totally different people. You'd think one of us is adopted except we look like we are from the same family. Sorry to hear about your sister's health issues. I can see why schedules don't work well. Does the new book have clues as to how to deal with a lack of schedule?

Woke up today to the oil stove out of fuel. Of course it's snowing outside. It's Friday afternoon the week of Christmas in a small rural town. The question is, are they open. I call the company and the guy said there would be no problem making a fuel delivery this afternoon. 10 minutes later he shows up. Put a dent in the bank account to fill the tank, but got what we needed. Sometimes the small town thing works for you.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2019, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

So I am ending 2019 by being sick. It started with waking up with a headache and ended up with a stuffed head, drippy nose , itchy throat and a cough.
The chicken is in the instantpot making broth for soup and that is probably it for today.
Have a nice new years eve and "see" you next year.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2019, 06:37 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, so sorry to hear you've gotten sick. Rest and take care of yourself. Soup is a good thing.

Still working on the infinite list of critters to re-make. Yeah, I exaggerate. It just feels like a forever task.