Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Otherworlder’s 2019 Art Journal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    otherworlder

Happy New Year everyone! Time to start a new thread for my art journaling. I am happy to say I did manage to fill one watercolor journal in 2018. I think I will have two filled journal books this year. :lol:

But stll starting off the year with an ipad digital painting. It was supposed to be a Christmas painting, but I worked on it intermittently so it’s totally late. :lol:

Delofasht

Happy 2019! Good digital work. Your work tends to have an Ethiopian look to me, usage of symbolism for certain shapes was common in their works.

Good rendering on the hands, they are quite complex subjects.

- Delo Delofasht
            otherworlder

Thank you very much Delo! That’s an interesting remark, I will have to look into Ehiopian art. :lol:

Two more quick watercolor landscape paintings I did to do some side-by-side comparison of paints.

Delofasht

Fantastic landscapes! Really well done on those, I like the bright vivid color in them, along with the excellent silhouettes.

- Delo Delofasht
                    Joan T

Your landscapes are really dramatic. I love them!!!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Happy New Year!

Whoo hoo! Love the boat :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

otherworlder

Thanks to everyone for the loveyl comment!

Here is my habitually late festival piece for Chinese New Year, completed on ipad. Happy Year of the Pig. :lol:

Joan T

Really nice festival piece for the Chinese New Year!

KaySilver

Just catching up with all these threads after a couple of months away. I don’t know anything about the digital art so I feel out of my depth to comment on those, but gosh, those landscapes are terrific! I love the bold sky colours – very dramatic.

otherworlder

Thanks Joan and Claudia for your comments!

I really haven’t been doing much art this year. Went to Iceland for a nice roadtrip last week, and did precisely one on-site watercolor sketch of this grand waterfall Gulfoss. It was really cloudy that day so everything looked grey (my photos are even less saturated than my painting lol). I am definitely going back again, in summer, planning a more leisurely trip, so that I can sit down and paint more. Iceland is so beautiful, definitely my kind of place. :lol:

eyepaint

Stunning!!!

-- EP Moderator for:

otherworlder

Thanks EP. Gulfoss really is grand! :lol:

Back to filling my journal with random illustrations. I had a lot of fun with this one. Done using watercolor and gouache.

eyepaint

Your latest one with a combo of a person and a far-away view over a city is also well done. I can see the influence of painting on location had on you.

-- EP Moderator for:

Joan T

I like your sketch of the waterfall. Everyone I know that has gone to Iceland has come back raving about it. Nice illustration with the city in the background.

otherworlder

Thanks EP and Joan for your comments. Joan Iceland really is absolutely wonderful! It packs soooo many beautiful scenes into such a small island. It’s especially great for landscape artists who enjoy painting flowing water; there are just so many glorious waterfalls there. :lol:

One more gouache piece for my Middle-earth illustration journal. Every time I use gouache I love it more. :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.