WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#181   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2020, 09:37 AM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: QDC - our Quick-Dry-Cafe ..... come chat!

Cindy, that's excellent news .... stay positive 👍🙂

Had my MRI scan today .... the problem wasn't the scan/tunnel/claustrophobia part, but my veins! Took two radiographer about half hour to find a vein to take a cannul, then for the second, shorter scan they needed to inject a dye ... instead of going into the vein, it went into my wrist/arm tissue so they had to re-site the cannula and do a quick injection, then finish the scan . Now I can't bend my wrist and have to keep an ice pack on it.
There was another unpleasant after effect too .... from all the horrible tasting litre and half fluid I had to drink prior to scan ..... suffice to say, I'm not leaving the house for the rest of the day!!!😂😂😂

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #182   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2020, 10:01 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Texas

Hails from United States

Maureen, sorry to hear about the difficulty with the MRI. My husband has had lots of them but I can't have them due to the multiple old stents around my heart. But I did have to drink that awful Barium before my CT scans. Disgusting even with the flavoring. I hope your scan shows good results for you.
  #183   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2020, 10:19 AM
A Local Legend

I hate going into that ‘tunnel’...I do it, but think of beautiful things to keep going! Hope everything comes out positive for you Maureen!..
  #184   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2020, 12:36 AM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Oh Maureen! I've had so many MRIs I no longer can remember a number but those are over now that I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator. I've also done all the god-awful drinking horrible things, being "shot up" with gadolinium, a dye for the MRIs- that taste makes me wretch! The only MRI that really bothered me was a very old one in Maine. It was so small that my nose touched the top of the machine as I was going in and there was no fan! I was positive I was buried alive! All the MRIs around here had music and sound and AC and fans- and one very quick attendant who got me out before I could puke in the machine!

The best thing about MRIS is they are so good at being able to show everything. I have many of my back but those had also showed images of a kidney and a small mass on it we had never guessed existed. We've been watching it for years and it has never been any different but recently a different diagnosis was being tossed around. One "symptom" of that is a mass or tumor on an adrenal gland. No need to look- I know where it is! (Sounds ominous but really, it's going to be so good!)

You hang in there, Maureen! I need someone to keep me honest!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #185   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2020, 10:50 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lololol!
Thanks friends!

OK today after a really good night's sleep

Sheila - don't know how you cope with all those 'wrong' things going on
We met a girl yesterday who'd just been diagnosed with a brain tumour close to the brain stem - ironically, her career was as a therapist teaching people how to cope with brain injuries! She was so positive it was heart-warming.

Trying to do my DS challenge painting and finish it before 29th

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #186   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2020, 11:50 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

That's good to hear Cindy!

I've never had an MRI but I did do the barium thing once for an x-ray. It was berry flavoured but still horrible. The woman next to me gulped down both cups and I could barely finish one. But I guess it was enough. If any doctor says barium to me again I'm running. Also had CT scans and had to drink some bitter liquid but that not as bad as the barium. And then they inject the dye and it smells like markers. I wonder what sadistic people come up with these tests. lol

I've also had problems with nurses trying to find my veins.

Sheila, you really have a lot to deal with. I think we need you to keep us honest.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #187   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2020, 02:21 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Greenfield, Massachusetts

Hails from United States

I get a CT scan with barium every three months as part of my cancer treatment. Vanilla is the easiest to get down.

Thomas
  #188   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2020, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderFrost

I've also had problems with nurses trying to find my veins.

Sheila, you really have a lot to deal with. I think we need you to keep us honest.

Are you kidding me???
I need you guys to keep me sane! Nothing is this world is too heavy if you have good friends to help!

I love stopping by and never feeling the least amount of guilt for not having engaged in a challenge or even gessoed a board! The hardest work is keeping spirits up and you all help so much! (Getting all teary eyed.)

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #189   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2020, 05:44 PM
A Local Legend

Sheila....we all enjoy your comradely in a big way...keeps us on our toes...plus we enjoy your humor...who else keeps their paintings in the microwave oven?. and who lives in Philly, and doesn’t enjoy cheese steaks...only transplants fromNew England!