WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2020, 10:02 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada
Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ February 2020

That's right, isn't it??? It was Valentine's Day here today, February 14...

And in Ontario it was recorded as the coldest day of this winter, with a wind-chill of - (minus) 25 C tonight!!!

A few days ago we had a long lasting snowfall with some kind of wet snow, the one that sticks to branches and stays for a long time, provided there is no wind. I love it because it transforms everything into a Winter Wonderland! I took many photos, but being night this is the one that shows the best what I mean...

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 03:30 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ February 2020

Oh wow Raquel, that's beautiful! It's completely frosted - it almost looks like white blossom or something! Magical. Thanks for posting the photo.

No problem with snow or low temperatures here - it's the WIND that is the problem. We had storm 'Ciara' last weekend which ripped our side gate and fence off, and there's another storm on the way today. The winds are forecast not to be so strong this time ,so we we are hoping for no more damage.

Indoors in the studio, I've been doing mostly loose landscapes in watercolour/watercolour pencil (my favourite way to work). I've started doing monthly challenges again. I've also done a couple of projects from my 'Trace and Paint' books, but I don't follow the instructions in the book - I prefer to figure it out my own way.

I haven't done any stitching for a while though and I miss it, so I think I'll get an embroidery project on the go this weekend. I've got several little kits from my favourite company (Rowandean Embroidery) as gifts at Christmas, so I'll choose one of those.

How about all of you? What is everyone up to this weekend? Any creative or craft projects on the go?

http://claudiasartlife.blogspot.co.uk/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2020, 07:08 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

You are welcome Claudia...!

I managed to lighten up another one of the photos...

Nice you have and can resort to many creative outlets! I am trying to make some space in my bedroom/studio and get those CPs sharpened again...

The past four months have been the worst of my life, left me missing my life partner for 34 years and best Grandpa to my grandchildren. I lost a lot of weight and have a big hole in my heart!!!

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2020, 09:13 PM

Frida, my heart hurts for you! Your colored pencil friends are sending healing thoughts!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2020, 11:25 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

Thank you Lizzy...!

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-17-2020, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Kingdom

I'm so sorry for you Raquel, I had no idea you were going through such an awful time. My thoughts are very much with you. I hope you can find ways to find comfort through this worst time, and the strength to move forward.

http://claudiasartlife.blogspot.co.uk/
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 02:31 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

Thank you for your heartfelt words Claudia! He would have been a ripe 86 today, and my daughter, her husband and the two grandchildren he adored are going to celebrate his birthday in a restaurant where he always talked about taking us again, but it didn't happen...

I have been going through a basic Botanical Illustration for beginners to wake up my interest trying colour again. This book, written by Meriel Thurstan & Rosie Martin, who have other more advanced excellent books out there, have some colour combinations I would like to match with CP. I have got rid of my Derwent Studio pencils after being convinced they fade horribly, and will use my Polychromos instead for a "harder" CP of good quality, plus Prismas.

I believe 2014 was the last year I entered an exhibition, and just reviewing all my list of WC posts I cannot find the image, so even this is kept Outside the Lines I hope you all don't mind if I include it here. I don't want to start a new thread with it...

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 02:44 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

Are you OK Elaine??? Maybe away enjoying warmer weather...

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2020, 01:09 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

Well... I will go on!

It is said that Canada doesn't have a climate. It just has... weather! We will be going through a week of spring-like weather and then a Polar Vortex!!!

I was going through images of botanical work online and was surprised to find the Hosta I posted above. I was credited for it with my name, but the biggest surprise was that according to who posted it, it was done with watercolour. News to me!!!