WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 02:50 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States
Re: Daily Wash Saturday 15th February 2020

HELLO ,
Hospital past few weeks , ICU AND ALL THE BLOOD LETTING . pneumonia , the FLU.
So glad to be home again . Very weak .Bed is boring
still reading ,,
june

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

June, Hope you gain strength quickly!
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Immortalized
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone

Can somebody help us Sylvia has just killed an Orchid a Phalioenopsis type now it looks like a flowerless nothingness leaf Charlie Brown lump. Any help would be appreciated . I tried taking care of Orchids websites but when I click on an ad how to take care of one I just get shuffled around never getting to the text of how to do it .

Thanks in advance guys .

June pneumonia is not very nice anytime yes bed is boring .

Bill I love elderberry pie.

Nancy crazy weather these days everywhere .

Lynn I have fond memories of Killarney area

Char I had never heard of Pixaby I will check it out later.
Sorry Ted is having such trouble wives always fight for their husbands or so I have been lead to believe.

Anita when we are stuck Sylvia just gets a frozen soup she made out of the freezer and Vwalla it easy heats up .

I had a camping weekend at Killarney Provincial Park I was sleeping in a tent during the day I rowed a boat the guy in the front was a big guy he didn't get tired me being a much smaller man I got tired easily and kept stopping he kept getting angry so screw him started going on the forward strokes as his which made him even more angry.

Darla nice to have a tax return but Larry put the hours in its nice compensation to look forward to each year . I know I did when I was working.

Annie sorry to hear about your ankle braking I am sending healing vibes to you big time . I agree with Doug you might be better with a walker .

Uschi I had to smile thinking of you running your nose under the tap .

I just got a hint from Sylvia that it is time for me to Place all her pills and my pils I the appropriate medication box boxes his and hers that I fill up every week its my job she says (she who must be obeyed }.

See y'all later .

Les
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 04:17 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

((((Annie)))) I cannot even imagine how helpless you feel and how much the PT hurts. You have earned a good cry; release it. I hope you will be able to use a walker soon and be able to put some weight on the right foot. This would help you get around to see different things. Remember, as everyone tells me, time flies by and before you know it you'll be home happily with your furkids and hubby wondering how you ever got through it.

Char, poor (((Ted))) what a painful procedure it must be to drain the fluid; especially with his three hernias! You are right, we are at the mercy of our health care systems and sometimes it just stinks. I hope you get some time to paint today.

I've cleaned my bathrooms and need to vacuum but Justin is sleeping as he's on nights. Larry will be home any time now and I have no idea what his plans are. I'm hoping that he'll come downstairs with me to organize my art area.

Yes indeed, time is flying by. When you are counting the days, months it doesn't seem to fly by as quickly as you hope but I don't want to wish my life away so I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy life as it comes. Work is getting some easier but I will NEVER like being on the phone in sales. I actually HATE it and if my boss asks me I will tell her so. I'm just hanging in for another year and a half.

I've got to make my stuffed peppers sometime today and I need to think of something for our dinner. Something easy I think.

Kelsea came to visit last evening feeling kind of bummed because she always buys her boyfriend things and he never even buys her a card. She spent way too much on him for Valentines Day and she said it's just the thought, he could at least buy me a card or single flower. I feel badly for her because she is a great gift-giver and she doesn't deserve it. Oh well; I told her that he's just not that kind of guy and she said that she still loves him. She is doing well nannying and says the little 4 year old girl is a handful. She's mischievous and naughty at times but can be very loving too. Typical 4 year old. While she was here she Facetimed Klaira and Kalem so we talked for a bit to them. Klaira looked so tired and sick. Kalem as usual was full of activity. You get motion sick when he's got the phone.

We have wind today, clouds again and 29F but feels like 16F. Brrr. Yesterday the sun was so heavenly shining in the windows. We just don't see enough of it.

JJ, must be back home by now. Hopefully not to a flooded basement again.

((((June))) oh my; I'm so sorry you have been in the hospital suffering with pneumonia and the flu. I'm glad you are home now and can try to regain some of your strength.

Bill, I love elderberry jam, I've never had a pie or the syrup but it sounds good.

Waving to you all, Uschi, Anita, Sylvia, Doug, Lynn, QS, Steve, SANDEE!!, Ellen. ! ,
and anyone else who comes to the wash.
I hope you all have a most fantastic day!!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Good morning* all!

Sorry for doing a disappearing act again, and I'm so sorry I worried you all. I'm struggling at the moment with winter generally and all my various conditions playing up at the same time. I'm not sleeping well at night and waking ridiculously early (and that's before it starts coming light early in the morning - heaven knows what I'll be like when daylight starts coming around earlier!), but sleeping almost all the time during the day.

My GP thinks I have seasonal affective disorder (SAD), but I'm not entirely convinced - well she said either SAD or I'm half cat! I've bought a light therapy lamp, but so far it's not doing anything (though it will provide a great light for painting when I eventually get round to painting again - I haven't even touched a paint brush since Christmas!). Unless I'm physically doing something, if I'm just sitting, watching TV, reading, listening to music or whatever, within a few minutes I'm asleep, and I don't just doze for a while, I can be asleep for hours. I have no energy (even less than usual) and no motivation to do anything, and I've even been dozing off at my desk at work - not good!

Winter generally isn't a good time for me - it aggravates my spinal problems, and my arthritis goes up a couple of notches. At the moment I'm struggling with my hands in particular. My back's protesting loudly at the moment, mainly due to the fact that I ended up helping my dad defrost the freezer yesterday, putting everything back in the freezer once he'd finished defrosting it. I'd got a chair in front of the freezer, but as he'd put everything on the floor I was having to bend to get them, and of course they were cold, so my hands were protesting too.

I just want warmer weather to come!!! ...and to think that at this time last year we were having a mini heat-wave! Here we are at the moment with first Storm Ciara last weekend, then Dennis this weekend! It's blowing a gale outside and you can hear the rain battering on the windows. It's even worse in the porch as it has a UPVC roof so it sounds like cannon-fire in there. Fortunately we're safe from flooding because although we're right at the bottom of our road, which is on a hill, our road branches off another road which is also on the hill, our road branches off from it right at the top of it, so we're still pretty high up on the hill. Being the last house on the road we get the worst of the weather, which hits our gable-end, but we're safe from water as at the side of us there's a 10ft drop. Last weekend we didn't suffer any serious damage, although the garage doors got blown inside the door frame somehow and then wouldn't open properly, so my dad had to do some emergency DIY to the door frame to get them to close properly, and we lost part of the garage roof - I did remind him that under no circumstances was he going up on the roof to fix it though!

On the positive side, things are going really well at work, and I had my six-monthly 1-to-1 meeting with my manager last week. He's really pleased with the work I'm doing at the moment.

I've bought myself a 2-in-1 tablet/laptop (basically a tablet with an attached keyboard which can be detached) because for months I've been using my tablet rather than using my PC, but it's such hard work typing for any length of time that posting here for example at times became such a chore because it took so long to post anything but the shortest post. The new 2-in-1 is great though. Not only is it much easier and faster to type on a proper keyboard, but it's got a SSD drive, so it's so fast starting up. It'll also make it a lot easier for meetings, because rather than taking hard copies of papers with me, I can take the 2-in-1.

I haven't read what's been going on for the last couple of weeks, but hopefully over the next few days I'll get back into the swing of things. Back tomorrow hopefully.

* It was morning when I started this post, but due to dozing off a number of times and meal breaks it's suddenly evening!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 05:57 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Nice to hear from you, Rachael. I hope the light helps. I can empathize with you re: the arthritis in winter.

Les, was Sylvia mad at the orchid? What kind of weapon did she use? I know absolutely nothing about the flower. I do know that some collectors are absolute lunatics.

I have three quarts of elderberry syrup and a couple to go.
Bill

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 06:24 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

So good to see you Rachel, I'm envious of your 2 in 1/ I hope you are feeling better soon.

Les, orchids are killed by too much water. Let it dry out, cut it back to the first leaf joint and water it sparingly and it should spring back to life.

Doug
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Annie

June

Rachel

Char and Ted

Hi Sandee.

Bill I don't have any idea what an elderberry looks like.

Les I've killed a few orchids, so I'm the last person to ask.

Uschi I love that moment when you can finally wash your hair. Feels so good.

Nancy when I was at the dr.'s last week a guy came in with a broken something (foot, ankle, lower leg?), and I heard the nurse say she had to take off the bone stimulator so he could get his X-rays done.

It was soooooo cold here that even my radiator that doesn't really heat up heated up! Got the floors and carpets vacuumed. Yesterday I walked to the fabric store to look around then went in to the discount store farther along and bought a new vinyl tablecloth for my kitchen table. Opie tore a some holes in the one on there now. By the time I got back my face felt frozen.

Kay
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 06:58 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Annie

June

Rachel

Char and Ted

Bags are packed, heading off to the airport soon.
It will be a 3 hour drive with a stop for lunch along the way.

Flight is not until 7.40pm.

My girlfriend Carol, told me it's been sunny last 2 days, basement should have dried out from the heavy rain at the beginning of the week.

Much love to all.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2020, 08:07 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Iím chiming in at the end of the day. Brian and I have had a lazy day doing not much of anything. Iíve been watching YouTube videos mostly. We did get uptown shopping to Walmart for a few things we needed. Lineups at the check outs were very long and I realized that they had taken out the express checkout area for 20 items or less and replaced them with self check outs. We joined everyone else waiting patiently for cashiers.

Tomorrow we will make up for being lazy today but itís nice to do nothing sometimes.

Sending hugs to everyone not well.

Annie - could someone wheel you outside to sit in the sun for awhile? We used to do that for our patients when they were in hospital long term. Their family could use a wheelchair to bring them to the cafeteria or sit outside for awhile. One of our nurses used to bring her special patients (needing months in our ICU) behind the hospital to pick blueberries once they improved to the point that it was safe.

Brian just brought home soup from Tim Horton for supper. Iíll see you all in the morning.

www.ellenspalette.com