WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Think Tank > Creativity
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:50 PM

Re: Struggling to finish what I start

Hope you find a way that suits you to deal with this issue .Personaly for me (and yes I too have much stuff half finished or I did used to be this way but not now though as I found my own way to deal with it as such) what worked was simply doing what I want... so for example I went from say doing a painting of a chair that I had spent much time getting proportions values every details painstakingly by hand correct etc looked great but it was like I was like felt dead had about as much interest to complete it as I would going to the dentist to get my teeth pulled so yes a half finished chair so then and it occurred to me why do I love to do this? what is it that I am loving about this ..which was nothing and so I began to become focused on the aspects of it that I loved so for example now I might just do layers of colors only nothing else no subject matter etc as am fascinated with that and intensely focus on line and movement and so it may be minimal etc but the point is that by simply doing what it is you love and focusing on this 100% you become fully engaged with your art you need no help in finishing. You may not know however have any idea where it is or if it is going but it may help to keep the passion burning and give you the fuel to keep the creative fires burning until the end. Hoped not to bore you and hoped to get point across that sometimes for some people they do not need plans or regimes or alarm clocks or frameworks to complete tasks as it were some people work differently and need a different way to go about completing things etc..hope it was of some help anyway. Yes also about the finished things all art pieces along the way are just ever evolving stages of yet the next is it ever finished anyway?

Last edited by tidal : 02-10-2020 at 02:59 PM.