Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 14 Februar Gull MI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Clea

I had just found a description on our Wetcanvas printmaking channel to do collagraphs for animals, so I decided on to trying that technique again with the gull. It is somewhat experimental and it turned out, that I chose the material I used for glueing exactly the wrong way round (those that were supposed to print dark printed light and vice versa). So my first prints (although showing nice textures) were not exactly what I had in mind.

This is the best one, I added a bit of blue pastel in the background to make it recede a bit:

13 x 18 cm, printed on printing paper.

I could, then, not find my dark printing paper for the print with white paint, so I decided to use some dark grey pastel paper. The print did not show much, so I covered most of it in pastel, in the end:

15 x 15 cm. That one was fun! And I lost track of time.

I might still continue printing/reworking the prints that I am not happy with.

C & c welcome.

dupliKate

Oh boy….these are both great! I love the patterns in the first and the simple (almost stark) look of the second one.

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

eyepaint

Love love love the black and blue version (top).

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

123harry

These have really gone out well. The first has a very strong graphic quality. The second has a sort of classic poise, very successful.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

Triduana

Wow, I love the first picture. I’m not familiar with collagraphs – must look them up! I love the bold shapes and the abstract nature of it. It has given some interesting textures to the second version too. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Fabulous gull images!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

both are so gorgeous…love the b/w !

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

artastic

Brilliant experiments, great subject for a collagraph print

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Interesting technique. Lovely versions of your prints.

Christel

Tanja

Great technique which works very well with the gull!
                                    Regards
                                    Tanja

less is more

TMalim

Both are very good! Very interesting print and I love the touch of red pastel in the second one.

C & C Welcome!

Rundun

Not my favorite shore bird,but I sure like your work on this piece.Imelda

ConnieT

I think these are beautiful, Clea! Showing two sides of your seemingly boundless creativity and willingness to experiment. Brilliant use of color – dramatic and atmospheric in the first; vivid and cheerful in the second. Bravo!

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

TMalim

Both are very good! Very interesting print and I love the touch of red pastel in the second one.

C & C Welcome!

I like both, especially the first, with the cool textures and the effect of the blue pastel. Awesome!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                                                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.