Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 1st November: Still Life with Oranges

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    123harry

Quite a treasure trove of refs this week, I thought.
        Having got a handle on Procreate I’m moving on to tryArtRage. I only have the cheap and cheerful version on the iPad but it seems to have all the basics. I had a lot of fun experimenting with the various brush and knife settings with this one as well as using the layers facility. I was quite pleased with the result. I’ve tried ArtRage a few times before but never felt I was quite getting it. I think something must have sunk in in the meantime.

Still Life with Oranges
        freehand digital painting in ArtRage

High res version at:
        http://www.hasroh.co.uk/gallery/cgi-bin/INMOST.cgi?865

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

dupliKate

Beautiful and luminous! I am glad you have been finding the reference photos inspiring enough to do more than one…you’ve been busy :)

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

Harry, this is most excellent! Good enough to eat.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

123harry

Thanks, Kate. It was an excellent set of refs. Thanks to you!
                I’ve just realised that the fruits are in fact tomatoes! Not terribly observant given that the caption clearly stated that fact. I did think they were an odd colour and tried to push it towards regulation orange… oh well, ‘Still Life with Hybrid Fruits’….

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

tyree

those tomatoes look yummy ! gorgeous red..
                    tyree :)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

SAndypp

Lovely still life Harry. So good to hear that the basic ArtRage allowed you to do your great quality. I will definitely need to do a tutorial on this. I can never use it. I was wondering about the tittle of the oranges but they do have blood red oranges and either way tomatoes are classified as fruit rather than vegetables. I too am itching to do this reference. All of Kate’s photos are very inviting. Was even tempted to do EP’s style collage. I’m loving all your entries this week.

Big congrats from my part
                        Sandy :thumbsup: :clap:

ConnieT

Wow, you mastered this medium quickly, Harry. The painting is really well done.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

eyepaint

Wheee! So good!

(Tho’ to me the oranges resemble tomatoes – the smooth skins :) )

-- EP Moderator for:
                                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

ams

Nice Harry. Beautiful job on the glass and the shadows. I like the glow on the fruit too.

You definately “got it” this time with Artrage.

Anne

Anne
                                    C & C always welcome.
                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.