Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Recommendation for printer wanted, please.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Finnegan18

I would love a printer that is capable of printing on thicker paper, say 300lb or canvas paper. If it back-loads that is a bonus.
        I am looking to spend less than $500. I am printing most of the art for myself, just to include in my art journals. I don’t need a large format printer.
        Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike L

I just bought a Cannon G4210 all-in-one, mega tank printer/scanner/copier/fax. Price around $280.00

Back loading, up to American legal-size paper with photo paper preset sizes and user-custom sizes. Uses standard copier/printer paper (20 lb bond) up to 110 lb card stock. No kidding, the card stock feeds smoothly with no apparent trouble. I just finished printing all our 2019 Christmas cards on it.

Color rendering is, in my opinion, excellent considering it uses only CMYK ink. No cartridges; just fill the tanks from 135 ml bottles that are advertised to print for up to 2 years depending on how much and what kind of printing is performed. I scanned a colorful Autumn maple leaf last week and printed the scan and was amazed at how true to the real leaf the colors were!

Black text, when printed on high res paper – a printer setting – is comparable to laser text – crisp and clean.

The two attached images are of the card and the leaf as samples of what this printer can do. The leaf is a scan to .jpg. Card art is a vector image exported as .jpg. The card image, on my screen, is about 150% actual size (5″ x 7″)

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Finnegan18

Thank you. I love the card by the way. Well done.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.