WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 12:03 PM
A Local Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... December 2017

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Just as I was about to head to Boss from Hell's place yesterday, he called, and canceled the appointment. I shouldn't complain to much, it was what I wanted, but sheesh. I had started to do some of the books earlier that morning, and I was farther behind than I thought

So I better devote the better part of the day to it. I have a grant writing workshop mid afternoon, and an art council meeting after that. Both of which are certanly going to be more rewarding.

Nancy, congrats on your progress, so glad to hear your gettingbetter evry day!

This tickled me:

Last edited by mtpalms : 12-13-2017 at 12:05 PM.
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Oh, my, Marcia! You would have found this wonderful calendar just a day after I bought another cat calendar that isn't near as cute.

Come to think of it, if I had seen it first, I would have been scouring the city trying to find it instead of staying home to paint and exercise.

Ce la Vie, or however it's spelled...I don't remember my French classes since it's been a loooooong while. Now if I had only gone to France with my family back when I had the opportunity!

#78   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 09:06 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

has been a tightropie week....but feeling a big moment of relief now....yay for that...

Marcia...lots happening with you...

Nancy glad you stayed home and painted...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Becca, I'm so glad you're feeling better...maybe it's a forecast of better things to come!

I was still at OU and madly in love with my first boyfriend, when my mom, dad, and brother went to France. I still don't travel much. Pretty much a homebody these days. You're right that I get more paintings done that way.

#80   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy...read somewhere that artists are kind of like that...

and, yes..better...we hope you are right...still many hurdles to clear....
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2017, 12:12 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

The cable I need to transfer the data between my old Mac and the new one finally came! So for the next step inthe process.

I had already bought my calendar for next year too: Japanese wookblock prints. But for a fleeting moment, I thought about getting that one. In the long run though, I think I would rather look at the same woodblock print for a month than one from the fatcat master series (although I love them). My 2017 calendar was Japanese woodblocks too, and I was getting sad about having to replace it. I hope the replacement is as nice.

Becca glad you are getting some things behind you and feeling less pressure.

The grant writing workshop was well organized and they packed a lot of information into 2 hours. Following that, I had an art scouncil meeting, and we had a guest who has experience writing grants, so he offered to help me.