WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Lima, Peru

Hails from Ireland
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... November 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA
Zooreka, Beautiful, both of them. It's amazing how much that first one looks like an actual oil painting. is there a "canvas texture" setting?

Mosc, It's hard to know what to say since I don't know exactly what the situation is. (But I'm not asking for you to reveal more than you feel comfortable with!) My first thought is perhaps you could give it a little while and then see how you feel about correcting errors. Setbacks always seem worse when they're unexpected, so with a little time it's often easier to clearly see a path forward. Life is an adventure isn't it? Mostly, I just hope you're OK.

EDIT: Also, I love the quote...

Hi Annie, Yes. in Painter you can pre-lay a texture, paint over it... though you need transparency to preserve the effect,,,, But what you cab also do with a finished piece is re-lay the texture as an overlay and even adjust the lighting. Normally what I would do is flatten the image and copy the layer... apply the texture and then selectively erase parts of it.... Other are very ford of clone brushes and selective cloning,,, Options....

Mosc... Sorry to hear you are going through it. I totally empathize. I am going through some particularly bad stuff here which may mean ultimately having to get the hell out of Peru in six months or so.... this on top of Fibromyalgia which has plagued me for 30 years or more,,, Hope things get better for you.... Not much fun this!
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Lima, Peru

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Zooreca, both paintings are, really cool, but the second one knocks my socks off -- My paintings almost never get that sharp with detail, and it makes me wish I could do that.

Mosc, I hope things get better for you as soon as possible!

I haven't been posting my newest paintings, because I can't make my camera work right. I may have to invest in a new one.

I do think I'll post some of my older work, and then try to take care of my autumn painting that I want to post!

Nancy, I LOVE these... are they oils? certainly look like it.... Particularly like the Princess and Cat images... The Cat is an impressionistic style I work in digitally and love... renoir-esque or vangogh even... Used to paint a bit like this in Oils originally before the Computer dominated my artistic life same 25 years ago

The flower image of mine is not actually a painting (though I suppose you could say it is).... This is a Newton-type fractal that uses varying coloring algorithms... which I use to get these shapes,,, The application Ultra Fractal is a Layered Fractal application and it's layer systems is very close to that of photoshop so I have HUGE corneal over gradient and color modes etc,,, I may post one or two more here later which have a "Classical" look - right golds and reds... renaissance looking!

Last edited by Zooreka : 11-27-2017 at 09:48 PM.
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2017, 01:18 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Thanks, Zooreka! Please do post more - I really enjoy the Fractal and would love seeing more.

#154   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 02:56 AM
Lima, Peru

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Thanks, Zooreka! Please do post more - I really enjoy the Fractal and would love seeing more.

Quote:

Just a couple,,, I have thousands of these and 3d ones too,,,,,,, used to have them on a page on DeviantArt but left there a year or so ago,,, Glad you enjoy them... =)

I have selected works though on my Facebook pages as follow:

Artworks: https://www.facebook.com/zoorekas.portfolio/

Fractals: https://www.facebook.com/Zooreka-Fra...?ref=bookmarks

Global Celt

Hallelujah

Waterside

*These 3 all were done in Ultrafractal but I use many different applications be they fractal, 3d or Graphics (Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw, Corel Painter etc). I taught Photoshop and Illustrator for a time as well as put together one or two fractal courses
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 11:19 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Great stuff Zooreka! You do the fractals exceptionally well, and your digital paintings look like the real thing. Love Chairman Miaow and Unknown Soldier, just to name 2.

Nancy, thanks for posting from your archives. It is always a joy to see a paintinig of Glory!

We are on our way home, should be backby early afternoon.

New Simon's cat!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIuZVGTkM0
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 02:26 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Zooreka, they are a treat!

Marcia, the last cell on Simon's Cat looks like my living room. But it's not from my cats. Himself, who I sometimes think is a first class hoarder. And it's possible that I myself may have that tendency. Arghhh!

#157   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I just came back from the gallery to put two more paintings up for December, and found I had sold another Encaustic painting! I did this one about six years ago, and I have a pic of it. Here it is.

It's lucky that I took in another encaustic this morning to replace it. Here's the one I brought today:

I took this oil painting in, too. Who knows? Sometimes in Oklahoma it actually snows in December!

#158   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 07:14 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I brought this one back, too. It's likely that I have too many paintings of women, but I sell a lot of those...

#159   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 05:20 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Zoorkia and Nancy...Cool both of you...

had an old injury come back to haunt me just out of the blue a few weeks ago...no time for adequate recovery so my cruise and travel plans have been canceled as of tonight.. I am seeing a good sports doc...but time is the issue.

THERE IS A NEW OILY FOR DEC IN THE MAIN FORUM for those of you ready to move on..
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #160   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 07:31 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Zoorkia and Nancy...Cool both of you...

had an old injury come back to haunt me just out of the blue a few weeks ago...no time for adequate recovery so my cruise and travel plans have been canceled as of tonight.. I am seeing a good sports doc...but time is the issue.

THERE IS A NEW OILY FOR DEC IN THE MAIN FORUM for those of you ready to move on..

Becca, you must be in a lot of pain, and I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip - what a bummer! I couldn't find the new "As the Oily Rag Burns...December 17", but as usual, my mind is taking a break yet again. I hope your doctor can get you well enough to enjoy the holiday, because you're a blessing to all of us.

#161   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 08:33 PM
A Local Legend

It hasn't been 'stickified' yet, so it isnt showing up at the top of the page.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1438405
  #162   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Nancy, and Marcia....honestly my treatments are helping...but travel has a lot of wear and tear and I need to be in good shape for Vancouver in February..

was a surprise, this is nothing that has happened quite this way before.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog