Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Self portrait, while sitting in a motel room instead of skiing, due to rotten weather

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MarcF

The long and short of it-
        Got here (Taus, NM) last night and it was raining/snowing and foggy. Morning no better. Drove up the mountain in blizzard conditions. Low visibility. Treacherous road. When I finally got to the ski area I heard EXPLOSIONS! They were doing avalanche control. Still I parked (somewhere) and walked a good distance to the ticket office. The lifts were closed. No word on if they would open them. I hung around awhile and started back to my car.
        The wind, snow/rain was pelting me
        I lost the car – or where I parked. The area is huge. I was in ski boots and carrying my skis and poles. Wind. Snow. Dynamite. No car. Had to retrace steps and go to higher up lot.
        I did what I had to – I marched on.
        Finally got to car – came back to motel and asked if I could cancel 2 nights and check out in the morning- the weather is not looking any better for awhile.
        Fortunately they gave me a refund so I’m getting out of Dodge in the morning. I’m not going up there again now. Good thing I didn’t prepay for a lift ticket.
        So while I was hanging around the motel room today I did a self portrait. I packed a sketch book, colored pencils, and juggling balls to keep me occupied.

Pingpongfan

Hope you’ve managed to get some skiing in by now. Nice portrait. Good idea to keep busy sketching.
            Vena

ocmd123

When you’ve got lemons…. Nice portrait.:)

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                Instagram

Save

Jon

Waiting for the still life CP of the juggling balls you mention :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.