WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Printmaking
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:09 AM
A Local Legend
TN Mountains, North Of Chattanooga

Hails from United States
Weekly Brayer, Oct. 11th - 17th, 2010

Can it possibly be creeping up on the middle of October already? It seems as though this year has just FLOWN by.

I'm still in Northern Wisconsin, at the shipyard. There isn't too much going on here, just getting some small projects squared away while we wait for our next cargo. There are only 2 of us on board now- It is VERY quiet (usually). The Chief Engineer went home about two weeks ago, so I've been keeping all the ship systems running, too- It's not a huge job, but something I've never had to do before. I'm always up to a challenge, though.

It was all fun & games 'till I got the alarm at 5 am- SEWAGE EFFLUENT OVERFLOW. Those are a couple of words you do NOT want in one sentence

But- The fall weather, and fall colors, are beautiful up here... I'll take it!

-Andrew
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast
Massachusetts, on the Atlantic Ocean

Hails from United States
Re: Weekly Brayer, Oct. 11th - 17th, 2010

Andrew yuck sounds even more volumnious than SEPTIC SYSTEM BACKUP Thanksgiving weekend when I was watching my nieces & nephews a few years ago so my sister & BIL could get away for the week. Plumbers are hard to find on the holiday and 7 year olds don't do well with mops...

)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Lake Arrowhead, CA

Hails from United States

Andrew, lets see some Fall pics! You can leave out the SEO, though!

My co-op had a great weekend for their Fall Show. I think, collectively, we did a bit over $5K. It was good to see some of the artists in other mediums making some higher end sales. I'm sad to say that I could not contribute much to that bottom line, but that's life.

And speaking of fall, I know it's arrived when I have to warm my ink before rolling. That's the downside of having a work space in an unheated garage....
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
A Local Legend
TN Mountains, North Of Chattanooga

Hails from United States

Here are a couple, but they are from last week- I'm heading out again on the bike, the colors are MUCH more intense this week-

Looking north, to Green Bay-

From the top of the bluff-

The views from the bluff are incredible, but you've got to get there! It's a steep ride up. Coming down is FUN though, 40 MPH on a bike is a real trip!

My bike was in the shop, getting some maintenance done- But I've got it back now!

-Andrew
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Loveland, Colorado

Hails from United States

I am participating in an Open Studio Tour this weekend. Expect to have a lot of traffic, so I have been framing my brains out.

The weather remains nice here. A couple of days of light rain in the morning, but otherwise clear. And no frost yet!

Great pics Andrew!

Dean
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Bellevue, WA

Hails from United States

I hope to finish up a couple plates this weekend and maybe do a print run on some older plates. Also working on my website and trying to get that updated. Here in the Northwest it is getting colder and sometimes is foggy in the morning now. It is still nice out though and this weekend is supposed to be sunny. Hopefully won't have to deal with any sewage issues.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
South East Colorado

Hails from United States

Yesterday I finished up a print I started 2 years ago. It was the first print I printed on my large letterpress. Still working feverishly towards a show at the end of the month. Finished inking in a block last night, and have another waiting in pencil.

School is busy. I'm supposed to be entering grades right now, but would rather do anything else.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
WC! Guide
Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Yesterday I set up my small press in the front window of a new commercial gallery here in the city. I was the artist of the day and brought along a few plates and blocks to ink and print and provide a little education about printmaking for the public.
Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of visitors to the gallery but I did have about 8 - 12 persons during the day come over to watch and ask questions. Overall I felt that even enlightening a small number of people was well worth the effort. I also set up a small side table with examples of materials and tools, and several books on the subject. I also put up a small brochure rack with hand outs that explained the different types of disciplines used.

The official opening of this new space the previous evening was very well attended, would guess at perhaps 500 persons passing through the doors between 6 - 9 pm. There was not a lot of room really for one to look at the artwork of over 65 artists however, so perhaps many will return later to have a good look .

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

Last edited by bridog : 10-17-2010 at 11:48 PM.